1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

aloe for spraying

Discussion in 'Holistic Avenue' started by mandymmr, 10/7/19.

1. mandymmr

mandymmr Walking the driveway Avenue Veteran

What aloe do you all use to add for spraying/ misting?

Rain Bow likes this.
  2. Rain Bow

Rain Bow Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting!

Rain
    There is some controversy about how much aloe is too much aloe. Always natural aloe, that part I know.

Maybe one of these members can rule into the conversation, they have way more experience...

@Mizzely , @Lady Jane , @rocky'smom , @webchirp , @Shezbug

mandymmr and Yoshi&Raphi like this.
  3. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

I actually won’t use it unless I am instructed to by a vet. The only reason (well 2 really) I hesitate to use it on my bird is that I know of some people who are actually allergic to it and I don’t know enough about it’s use with birds to be confident with using it on them.
    I do use it for myself and always have lots of it growing but I have no idea about it’s safety or recommended doses for birds externally or internally.

hrafn, Rain Bow, Hankmacaw and 3 others like this.
  4. rocky'smom

rocky'smom Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

laurie
    Sorry not me I don't use it either, I'm also semi allergy to some of it.

5. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Shawna
    In 8 years of bird keeping, I've only sprayed aloe maybe 1-3 times tops as an experiment when my quaker was plucking (did not help at all). I believe I used Lily of the Desert brand and just used maybe 1 TBSP in a spray bottle of water.

Birds do best with just plain water 99% of the time :)

webchirp, hrafn, Rain Bow and 4 others like this.
  6. Rain Bow

Rain Bow Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting!

Rain
    Thank you my friends!

1 thing I do when Buddy is molting more heavily, I make sure he gets a scrambled egg. I don't know if it really helps, but it seems to settle him, maybe like chicken soup for us, it's a comfort food.

mandymmr likes this.
  7. webchirp

webchirp Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Chandra
    I haven't aloe to spray. But as Shawna said Lily of the desert is a good brand.

Rain Bow and Mizzely like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)