• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

All progress gone in a poof.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I'd finally started making some progress with Davey. Still can't touch him or get too close, but he'd juuuuuuust started eating millet that I'm holding from the very end of the stem if I hold still enough.

Today he followed Tito through the bird room door and into the kitchen, and then couldn't find the door back out. Tteok and Davey even flew in and out of the doorway, it really looked like they were trying to show him. He'd get close, and then panic and turn.

I ended up having to let him wear himself out and then towel him, because he panicked at the sight of hands. Poor little dude is now on his favorite swing in his cage all tuckered out. I gave him an hour, then tried to offer millet, and he absolutely freaked.

I'm not really needing advice, I'm just super bummed about it. Maybe tomorrow will be better :fingerscrossed:

Cali

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Janet
Awwwwwww, so sorry!! I can sorta relate.... I was doing pretty good with my Tweety until my husband tried to help and get him out of the cage --- now he doesn't even want to step up on a stick..... (sigh)

Hope Davey does better tomorrow !!!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Awwwwwww, so sorry!! I can sorta relate.... I was doing pretty good with my Tweety until my husband tried to help and get him out of the cage --- now he doesn't even want to step up on a stick..... (sigh)

Hope Davey does better tomorrow !!!
Aw that sucks! I hope Tweety comes back around for you too!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Awww darn

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month