• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

All in one wall protecter and muck guard!

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
IMG-20190108-WA0000.jpeg As many of you know birds are messy!

Well my budgies have a great habit of chucking poop, seed, veg and bird dust everywhere. They do such a good job :lol:.

Well I've been using old fitted bed sheets to protect the walls from these ever so artistic birdies. :hehe: so far no poop or veg on the walls and when I changed it today I found a collection of feathers, food and the odd bit of yucca. The bit that's designed to grip the end of the mattress creates a pouch which collects all the bird muck. Meaning my poor hoover gets less work to do :rofl:

I think it works pretty well just make sure to change it regularly and my wall looks good as new! :dance4::dance4:

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Some people use shower curtains cause they are easy to scrub off. I've been meaning to try it out because I have messy birds too lol

Reactions: Jas

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I have been trying out the disposable table cloths from the dollar store to help keep the mess off of the walls. Jenks flings chop everywhere and I got tired of scrubbing walls lol. They work pretty well and I just toss them when I do a full clean out of his cage on the weekends.

Reactions: Jas

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
Some people use shower curtains cause they are easy to scrub off. I've been meaning to try it out because I have messy birds too lol
I used to use shower curtains that I attached to the wall with plastic hooks. It worked and was easy to change, though I found that the movement spooked the conures somewhat. If I ever used them again I would probably cut it down to size and use clips to attach it to the back of the cage, as they sometimes caught the wheels as well.

I have been trying out the disposable table cloths from the dollar store to help keep the mess off of the walls. Jenks flings chop everywhere and I got tired of scrubbing walls lol. They work pretty well and I just toss them when I do a full clean out of his cage on the weekends.
Oooh I never thought about table cloths i feel like they would have more weight in them too which would mean they wouldn't spook the birds as much. I hope to leave the scrubbing wall days behind lol.