• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air Purifiers!

LiefDuivel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Callum Rivoire
Me and little Genji just got our first Air Purifier, for the obvious bird keeper reasons, as well as for the upcoming wildfire season. I'm loving it so far, we got a Honeywell HP100 :)

I'm curious, what do ya'll usually do in terms of settings and when you turn it on? Ours has a quiet, general, allergen, and turbo mode as well as a handy timer! Already noticing a difference in how much less stuffy and dusty it is after 1 day of use :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I don’t have the same model that you do, but I leave my Levoit on 24/7 on usually a medium setting, unless I feel it needs to be on high. It's pretty quiet either way, but offers a good level of white noise too

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
I also leave all of our air purifiers on 24/7; medium except overnight when I blast the one next to the pigeon and the one next to our conure full force. I have 2 different brands: Levoit and Oransi.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I leave mine on the middle setting all day and then bump it up to turbo maybe for 30 minutes a few times a week.

Aestatis

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I have a RabbitAir that I leave on all the time in the bird room since Candela is mega dusty all on her own. I am tempted to bump it up from speed 3 to speed 4, but it's a bit loud at that setting. Going to experiment with cleaning the pre-filter more often to see if that helps.

LiefDuivel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Callum Rivoire
Thanks so much for all the responses! :) i'm finding that leaving it on medium all day, and then putting it on blast at night is working out great!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I have 3 air purifiers; 2 Germ Guardians and Levoit. The GG ones are on high 24/7 the Levoit is on auto 24/7.
Two things I will recommend is weekly clean the prefilter with your vacuum cleaner brush both sides if removable. That is not possible on the Levoit. Vacuum the front and inside area where the filters go of of any dusty pieces. If it has air quality detector on it vacuum that as well.
The other recommendation is on the filter side, write the date you changed it. The companies say six to eight months for changing out to new filter DO NOT trust that information. It is more the conditions of where the machine is running then anything else. I have one that needs the filter to be changed about every 3 months. The room it in tends to have mold problems.