• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Acrylic Macaw Swing?

Doctress

Strolling the yard
It looks a little small for a macaw... unless you have a mini macaw or they make larger sizes. Macaws may crack thru the acrylic.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
It will need to be the largest one they have on offer (unless you have a mini macaw). If you are going to replace the perch with a natural one why not just buy one of the swings made out of wire with a natural perch and bits of wood and nuts covering the wire? Then you can replace the perch as needed and also the bits of wood and gum nuts covering the wire. You could even make one instead of buying it.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
There are some decent (and also well priced) natural and stainless swings on My Parrot Shop if you are in Aus.
I have only mentioned because I noticed the link was for an Aus site in your original post.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
So glad I could help. Sorry about not posting a link but I have no idea how to do it (she types with an embarrassed look on her face, lol), those are the ones I was referring to :)
They are much nicer to look at than the acrylic ones I think.
I do like their little shop, it has lots of great things at reasonable prices and also great customer service. I think they are changing hands in the next few weeks so hopefully that does not affect your postage time.