• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent ACCIDENTALLY GOT ANTIBIOTICS IN BUDGIE'S EYE

AriThebugi

Sitting on the front steps
i was giving my budgie his anti-biotics but suddenly he turned and i accidentally sprayed it into his eye so i washed his eye in water but im really scared if this can cause damage to the eye??? i tried my best to clean it off but he looks distressed

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
How did you wash his eye?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
So I’m reading that eye infections are treated with topical antibiotics drops. Not the same as oral antibiotics of course.
call your vet in the morning and see what they want you to do, rubbing the delicate eye tissue might have irritated his eye. I’m not a vet so I can’t say, I hope he will be better after a good sleep

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Sound like that eye is irritated I agree with @saroj12 . call the vet first thing in morning

AriThebugi

Sitting on the front steps
So I’m reading that eye infections are treated with topical antibiotics drops. Not the same as oral antibiotics of course.
call your vet in the morning and see what they want you to do, rubbing the delicate eye tissue might have irritated his eye. I’m not a vet so I can’t say, I hope he will be better after a good sleep
oh okay. thank you i will do that!!!!!