• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Winter's Scene

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I cannot take credit for this photo. I think it is so pretty. My daughter, in Carbondale Colorado took this photo out of her kitchen window. I asked her if she paid the Elk to pose.

Brenda pic.jpg

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
So pretty

LaSelva

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
David
That's greeting-card beautiful. After living in Florida for about 4 years I'd love a temporary retreat to a winter wonderland of sorts. The colder temps were having here lately have me yearning to experience a change of season, and for the tranquility of snow, especially if there's natural beauty and wildlife nearby (not to work and commute of course ).

When I was living in New York I would go to a nature preserve called Jamaica Bay in February when the temperatures were in their teens, there was snow on the ground and wind chill. I would take my camera to practice and was always fascinated by the fact that there were living things to be seen in such a setting like the various shore birds (standing in freezing water like it's nothing) or muskrats (which I think are cute).

If I was there I'd be outside with my camera for sure.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My daughter always has a camera with her in all kinds of weather. She took a gorgeous photo of the recent fires that started near her. Just got out of the car and founds some wildflowers and used them as a foreground. Her photo was in the local newspaper the next morning. I have visited there many times and it is living with mothers nature's pain brush.

fires.jpg