• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Tiels Fav Fruit and Veg?

SunnySandi

Walking the driveway
What are your Tiels favorite fruit and vegetables? Valkyrie has been unimpressed with most things offered so far, but did figure out she likes green peas of all things after stealing from my plate.

She’s a bit of a junkie as I imagine most are, always wanting popcorn or plain cheerios, or crackers (of which I will indulge just a little, no more than once a week). But I do want to increase fresh food into her diet

Aside from cooked green peas, we’ve tried carrots, cooked and raw, cooked Brussel sprouts, raw spinach, cooked zucchini and various fruits which she licked and then wanted nothing to do with lol

So maybe if I get some of your guys favorites, I’d appreciate!

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Whatever I'm eating, that I'm trying not to let them eat :roflmao:

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I goty neighbors eating leafy greens, especially Romain,bell pepper, broccoli, carrots only eats shredded raw carrots, peas just thawed frozen,fresh corn ,sugar snap peas s d green beans. Sometimes have luck with bok choy, cabbage , butternut squash slice of raw and sprouts

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
Grapes and apples are Pepper's favorite fruits. He only gets them when I am eating them though, and not a large amount. His favorite vegetables are spinach, broccoli, and sometimes bell pepper.
My tiel also is a junk food addict.. If he sees me with any kind of bread or cracker he wants it! Crackers, croutons, popcorn, etc. I do not let him have more than a couple of nibbles of this though. Generally he will be excited to taste anything he sees me eating.

Aestatis

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Major actually seemed to prefer fruit to vegetables. She loved oranges and pomegranate seeds.

Candela is more adventurous and hates fruit, but loves herbs that come in a skinny stalk like cilantro or basil. She will eat lettuces if it has a stem she can chew on. She has also shown some interest in cucumber, but mostly the soft inside section.