• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

a pluckers pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
So, scooter has been with us for almost 2 months, and he has the weirdest growth patterns with his feathers. He likes to grow teeny tiny ruffled socks on his ankles, and shoulder pads. Everything else is fair game for pullin. I don't dare put a cone on him, I think it would be way too traumatizing. I have thought about a sweater though.Does anyone else's fids pull patterns like this?

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
I'd actually wondered about this. It seems that birds seem to have different patterns for plucking and extremes and I wondered why or if I was just imagining things. maybe I am, but I'll be very interested in seeing the answers. Also I think he'd look very dapper in a sweater. ;)

Feather

Avenue Veteran
Skylin hasn't plucked his own feathers at all since I brought him home, but he does pluck Katara. He only takes the orange feathers from her right cheek. :huh: It's so weird.
Both he and Starburst are bald in little V-shapes around the front of their necks. I never gave it much thought, but I suppose it could be a considered a pattern.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I have read that patterns mean something..hmm. I think BF also told me this. Not sure if this is true.

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
I have read that patterns mean something..hmm. I think BF also told me this. Not sure if this is true.
would love to know this. he has been vet checked, with no answers for a cause of plucking. He has been plucking for years, upwards of 6 or 7.

beakybirdie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danielle
Well human's have patterns of self destruction, or well they can. Parrots are brilliant creatures in their own rights, so who is to say that they can't develop the same habitual self destructive habits after doing them for so long? I have always wondered if, eventually, the plucking becomes something soothing to them? There are people who pick scabs constantly because it does eventually feel good

Status
Not open for further replies.