• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A helpful tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poplrhill

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Hi guys -- I found a product that I originally bought for my 5 yr old daughter, but now keep on hand as much for the birds as for her. It's called Mashups, and is basically organic pureed fruit mixes. The have several flavors -- blueberry, strawberry banana, and a couple of flavors with pureed veggies mixed in too. Forrest LOVES them, and they have been great to use with a syringe to train him to take "medicine". I also sometimes mix some up with multigrain oatmeal for a yummy treat. The vast majority of his diet consists of fresh veggies and grains, but he does love fruit, and it isn't always easy to find good looking organic fruit in the middle of winter. With a couple of mashups in the pantry, I know I can always give him a healthy goody that will satisfy his sweet tooth.

My apologies if it's not okay to post this -- I promise that I'm in no way affiliated with Mashups! I just thought somebody else might derive some benefit from knowing this is an option to add some variety to what sometimes feel like slightly blah wintertime ekkie meals!!

Best,

Lisa

& Forrest :ekkiem:
& Kiwi :sun:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
You are certainly allowed to post this. Thanks for sharing.:)

Jocund^eternal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I'm sure someone will find it very helpful. :hug8: Thanks for the info!

topazldy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Linda
Thanks for sharing!! Do you get it in the grocery store? Is it a baby food?

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
That's cool! Thanks for sharing.

poplrhill

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Oh good!! I'm glad this is okay and that someone might find it helpful! As far as ingredients go, here's what's in the three flavors I happen to have on hand:

Carroty Chop - apple puree, carrot puree, mango puree, orange juice concentrate, lemon juice concentrate. All organic.

Beetbox Berry - apple puree, strawberry puree, carrot puree, beet juice concentrate, lemon juice concentrate. All organic.

Berry - apple, strawberry, blackberry & blueberry purees, all organic.

And Forrest would like to add -- all yummy!!!

In my grocery store they are not in the baby food section, but shelved with applesauce and raisins and canned fruit.

Best,
Lisa & fids

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
I just saw those for the first time yesterday (in the applesauce section) and wondered if Howard would like them.

bittybo

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
where are these located in the grocery store. with the jarred baby food or in the canned fruit section? this might be good for an evening treat or snack for my bird

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.