• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Guinea Pig Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
I took an adorable picture of two of my guinea pigs the other night. I thought I would share it.

IMG_1472.JPG

They're so tolerant of me doing things like putting bows in their hair. :) Sadie is the pig on the left, Prudence is on the right.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Bethany, Sadie and Prudence are adorable. I can't believe they let you put bows on them, lol.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
sww they sure are cute

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Too cute! :cool1:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Bows! How adorable they are! :D

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
Thanks for all the compliments! :D

The bows were pretty easy to put in. They're dog bows that have clips on the back. Prudence's long hair makes it easy, but she's ticklish and kept shaking her head.

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
LOL! They looks like beauty contestants. I have a pig too. :)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I miss having cavies. I had several many years ago but then I became allergic to them and had to stop keeping them. Olivia Newton Pig was the exact color of my hair and she would ride around the house on my shoulders hiding under my (then) shoulder length hair and tickling my ears.

One time I was sitting downstairs watching tv with the family and we were eating popcorn. My brother suddenly yelled and leaped to his feet, screaming about a rat. In truth it was Olivia sneaking down my shoulder and helping herself to the popcorn. Tommie hadn't realized she was on my shoulder.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:laughing6: I Love piggies!!!!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
They are certainly pretty piggies! Do your birds aknowledge your piggies? My U2, Milton, doesn't like our pig at all. One time my wife came into the room with Maxx (the pig) and explained to Milty that Maxx was part of our family,he's not going to hurt you,etc. Milty looked at my wife and said "Not a bird!",and then called him a Rat! We were astonished,to say the least.Milty STILL calls him a rat everytime he sees the piggy...

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
Pumpkin, Prudence is convinced she's the prettiest pig. I'm sure she thinks she'd win at a piggy beauty contest (and she would if I were the judge!).

I miss having cavies. I had several many years ago but then I became allergic to them and had to stop keeping them. Olivia Newton Pig was the exact color of my hair and she would ride around the house on my shoulders hiding under my (then) shoulder length hair and tickling my ears.

One time I was sitting downstairs watching tv with the family and we were eating popcorn. My brother suddenly yelled and leaped to his feet, screaming about a rat. In truth it was Olivia sneaking down my shoulder and helping herself to the popcorn. Tommie hadn't realized she was on my shoulder.
:hehe: That's funny. Neither Sadie nor Prudence are much of shoulders pigs, but my new girl, Pam, is threatening to become one.

They are certainly pretty piggies! Do your birds aknowledge your piggies? My U2, Milton, doesn't like our pig at all. One time my wife came into the room with Maxx (the pig) and explained to Milty that Maxx was part of our family,he's not going to hurt you,etc. Milty looked at my wife and said "Not a bird!",and then called him a Rat! We were astonished,to say the least.Milty STILL calls him a rat everytime he sees the piggy...
Digby isn't around the pigs very much at all. Lenore is in the same room as they are, but he doesn't seem to acknowledge them, but I've never really given him the chance to. If the pigs are out, the birds are away, and vice versa. I love that story about your U2.

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
That is the cutest thing ever!! I love the hair bows!

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
Okay, so since I last answered this question, I've rearranged bird cages in the house. Digby is now in the same room as the guinea pigs. And she won't leave them alone!

PamDigby.JPG

Just a second after I got this picture, Pam put her nose on Digby's foot and Digby put her beak on Pam's nose. Both of them spooked and Pam ran into her house and Digby flew off.

Digby gets on the side of Pam's cage several times a day. Sometimes, she will sit on the playgym that's on top of Pam's cage and stare down into the cage. Other times, she will fly over to Prudence's and Sadie's cage. Their cage is large and the bars on their cage are far enough apart that Digby can go in the cage, which she does. I have to get her out before she terrorizes them. Fortunately, she can't get in Pam's cage. Pam is fearless and would naively go straight to Digby.

Crazy bird. :rolleyes:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Digby is certainly a fearless girl!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
My CAG knows what mice are and has killed two which got into his cage. He saw a pet rat once and went ballistic, growling and trying to get at the poor thing. This was at the vet's office during his check up. Everyone in the waiting room freaked and moved away from us. Emmie continued growling until we were taken back to the exam room (even though I had covered his cage so he could no longer see the rat). Phew!

Most people do not know that one of the biggest poachers of bird eggs and young in the wild are rats and rat like rodents (many, many tree dwelling rodents in the world). One of my acquaintances who has both rats and parrots had one of her rats escape over night and attack one of her lovebirds. The lovebird lost a toe. The ratty had crawled through the cage bars and into the cage to attack the bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.