• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A big weekend for my flock :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jacqui
This weekend is going to be a big one for my flock.

First, I found a Quaker parrot in desperate need for a home near me. The baby needs a new home because his owner has gotten very sick and his wife doesn't like his birds, so he needs to downsize to only his little birds (canaries). He really needed a home for the baby fast and it just seemed to work really well into my life since I had been looking for a Quaker and he is nearby. So tomorrow morning I go to pick up the little guy. He is just under a year old and apparently was very sweet but just hasn't been held a lot for a little bit, so he might need some taming, but I am up for anything at this point. SO excited.

Then, Friday night, Dakota gets her first teaching performance for Parrot University, a program my local parrot society runs to teach people about birds. We are working with boy scouts and she gets to meet lots of new friends :).

Theeeen, Saturday morning, I take a trip down to South Jersey to pick up 2 baby cockatiels I have been desperately waiting for (I have had them on hold for over a month). So I have 3 new babies coming into the family in 2 days! It's definitely going to be an interesting weekend/week while everyone gets used to their new home, but I am super excited. Pictures will come once everyone is home, just wanted to tell everyone :)

:hehe::hehe:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend! Good luck.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow,I dont know how you do it. I can hardly handle having two somedays,lol. I cant wait to see pics and hear how they are doing.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
awesome! I can't wait to hear more! I'm excited for you!:hug8:

Chicklet

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jamie
congrats! I remember that excitement waiting for Briar! :)

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Wowsers! :dance4: I hope you and your flock have a fabulous weekend! :hug8:

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
Wow,I dont know how you do it. I can hardly handle having two somedays,lol. I cant wait to see pics and hear how they are doing.
You know its funny because while I know that I get a little tired with the fids I have, they bring me such happiness it is all worth it. And yea, it will be extra work but I love my babies. And this is going to be IT for a very long time (until I have my own house at least).

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You know its funny because while I know that I get a little tired with the fids I have, they bring me such happiness it is all worth it. And yea, it will be extra work but I love my babies. And this is going to be IT for a very long time (until I have my own house at least).

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts!
I know what you mean,though it tires me out sometimes the joy they bring me is more then worth it. You'll have to update your siggy now:)

sassie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Laura
congrats!! Dont forget the importance of Quarantine at this time ... glad for you additions!!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations.....and it does sound like you have a vry busy life

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
:dance3:
:dance3:

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
I would be flipping out, seriously. You must be so excited. I would be way to excited and of couse pics are a must.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
I have two pictures of my little quaker on the ride home. His old name was JayJay, but I am not sure how much of a fan of it I am. I might change it. His tail is completely damaged and he is a little nervous, but otherwise he is beautiful and I think he is going to be extremely sweet once he calms down and settles in.

More pictures to come later.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have two pictures of my little quaker on the ride home. His old name was JayJay, but I am not sure how much of a fan of it I am. I might change it. His tail is completely damaged and he is a little nervous, but otherwise he is beautiful and I think he is going to be extremely sweet once he calms down and settles in.

More pictures to come later.
Oh,he's a little blue boy! My fav color of Quaker,he's so handsome :heart:

sassie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Laura
aww he's adorable, a pretty shade of blue

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
I have more pictures of the little guy after settling in a bit. You can see his tail feathers are really destroyed, but hopefully they'll grow in again soon. He is definitely nervous but I think he will be great if I work with him :).

Status
Not open for further replies.