• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Bean and a Squid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvra

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
I thought that I may as well introduce my new pair of Celestial Parrotlets. I got them last week and have named the cock, Bean and the hen, Squid. They're not tame but they are 'steady' and I'm in the process of getting them used to having my hands near them. I'm also in the process of getting them onto a better diet because they were just on seeds with the odd bit of cabbage or apple. I think that they're eating the pellets that I offer but they leave a lot of dust behind so it's hard to be certain. I'll provide a picture but they look pretty much like any other pair of green parrotlets! Bean has a few pale feather that the vet suggested were probably due to a mineral deficiency when he was growing them. I was suprised when I had to catch them and then hold them for the vet, I expected them to be savage like budgies but they weren't very bitey at all :eek:

Once I've got them on a good diet and a little tamer, I'm going to give them a nest box and start to play them a CD of parrotlet calls (which I need to get around to making) in the hope that they get busy and provide some babies. There is quite a lot of demand for tame baby parrotlets in my area, the vet said that if I do get any then I should get in touch because several of the staff want one!

Status
Not open for further replies.