• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

90 Gallon Reef Tank - Evening

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Decided to take some pictures of our tank tonight. I will have to take some tomorrow when the daytime lights are on. It was starting to transition. Our corals are doing amazing after switching our lights to Radions.

We have a tang that managed to stay out of all the pictures... :bored:
20140831_185752.jpeg

20140831_185710.jpeg

20140831_185136.jpeg

20140831_184801.jpeg

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Nice! What kind of filtration do you use (if you don't mind me asking)? I've always been fascinated by salt water aquariums but I simply don't have the room and honestly don't know as much as I'd like about them. I knew someone who had a really large tank (unsure of gallons) with a refugium set up that was pretty cool as well.
:)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You have a beautiful aquarium!

Matt

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
Nice! What kind of filtration do you use (if you don't mind me asking)? I've always been fascinated by salt water aquariums but I simply don't have the room and honestly don't know as much as I'd like about them. I knew someone who had a really large tank (unsure of gallons) with a refugium set up that was pretty cool as well.
:)

We have a 30 gal refugium set up and we also use a filter sock w/ carbon and rowaphos, and protein skimmer. They are relatively easy to care for but take a couple hours a week to care for and clean.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda

We have a 30 gal refugium set up and we also use a filter sock w/ carbon and rowaphos, and protein skimmer. They are relatively easy to care for but take a couple hours a week to care for and clean.
Thanks. Good to know. I appreciate it. ;)

thekarens

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
Very nice! Are those anthias in the pic?

Birdlove

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
It's beautiful!

rifftastic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
paul hayward
Oh very nice! I such basic knowledge of marine aquaria, is that a soft or hard coral setup? (I can't remember if that's the term.

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
Oh very nice! I such basic knowledge of marine aquaria, is that a soft or hard coral setup? (I can't remember if that's the term.

It is a mix. We have sps, lps, and soft corals. Because we have a mix, we do bigger water changes and have the carbon.

rifftastic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
paul hayward
Ah that's awesome, I don't blame you. Have you had any issues with using carbon? As in regards to HLLE or HITH.

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
Ah that's awesome, I don't blame you. Have you had any issues with using carbon? As in regards to HLLE or HITH.

Nope not at all. Your question surprised me...I never knew that carbon was considered as a possible factor. I have heard/read that not all carbon is good quality. If the good brands aren't available at our local fish store then we just go without and might do an extra water change mid week.

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Stunning

rifftastic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
paul hayward
Nope not at all. Your question surprised me...I never knew that carbon was considered as a possible factor. I have heard/read that not all carbon is good quality. If the good brands aren't available at our local fish store then we just go without and might do an extra water change mid week.
I shouldn't worry. I havent seen many incidences of it, but there was a report warning of it..I wouldn't change your regime if it works. Ask about it in your LFS but I can't imagine theyve had problems.