• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

6 days and Sweet Pea will be home with me

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
It's probably better to not bring Sweet Pea to your sisters anyway. This way he/she can relax in a quiet atmosphere after such a big trip. :hug8:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
@rocky'smom This is getting to be like watching Santa on Xmas eve! I just got back from dropping Sweet Pea off at my office where Brian is for a 7 p.m. meeting. Then he's heading home and tomorrow a.m. they'll head out. It was touch-and-go because one of his daughters was running a 102 d. fever off and on over the weekend so we were all waiting with bated breath.

I forgot to take pix @ the vet's office yesterday and forgot to take pix just now when I left her with Brian. He's more than happy to help and his 2 daughters Kaylee and Lily will be supervising SP all the way.

Last edited:

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
i'm going get to bed early tonight. @SandraK do you think Sweet Pea will be able to be in the flight cage alone on Thanksgiving Day? i'm kind worried that SP will be overwhelmed by all of this moving around. it's alot to take in in 24 hours.
4ever :tiel2: 's mom and soon (very soon) Sweet :tiel2: Pea's mom

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I think she'll b okay - she's used to the cage so it shouldn't freak her out. Since she isn't travelling any more, you can probably put the green perch in it instead of the platform which I put in for her road trip. Her cage presently has cardboard taped to two sides and the back so that she won't be affected by any drafts during the trip. She has one fleece cover and 2 backups. She has a fresh wheat grass & millet strip in the cage, a covered water bowl and a full food bowl. The cover of the water bowl does come off, I put it on since she is travelling in a car.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I think she'll b okay - she's used to the cage so it shouldn't freak her out. Since she isn't travelling any more, you can probably put the green perch in it instead of the platform which I put in for her road trip. Her cage presently has cardboard taped to two sides and the back so that she won't be affected by any drafts during the trip. She has one fleece cover and 2 backups. She has a fresh wheat grass & millet strip in the cage, a covered water bowl and a full food bowl. The cover of the water bowl does come off, I put it on since she is travelling in a car.
the pedi perch is in the big flight cage already, on the door for the time being. i layed down a layer paper towel, on the grate. the timer is set on the lamp for 12 hour time frame. timer comes on Sweet Pea will be uncovered and covered when it goes off.
the Wheat Grass is ready here too.
wheat grass 001.JPG
i hope Sweet Pea likes it. i will start another batch in day or so.
:dance1: :dance3: :DancingChilli: :dance2: :dance1: :dance3: :DancingChilli: :dance2: :dance1: :dance3: :DancingChilli:
4ever :tiel2: 's mom Soon to be Sweet :tiel2: Pea's mom too

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Laurie...so happy for you! Will be waiting for Sweet Pea's arrival and updates. :heart:

Wheatgrass grows quickly...I trim the tops a little when they start to dry... :)

@SandraK I bet after this trip, Brian's daughters Kaylee and Lily will want a SP of their own. :D Thank you too Brian for helping Sweet Pea get to his/her new home. :hug8:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Getting really excited for you. :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Today is the BIG day. Barb & Colt are ready to go as am I!!!! i made thank you card for Kaylee & Lily (mom and dad too). the roads are wet and bit sloppy, we had about 1" -1 1/2" of snow this AM. @SandraK i will text you when we get Sweet :tiel2: Pea and are on our way home.
4ever :tiel2: 's mom & Sweet :tiel2: Pea's mom too

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
WOO HOO! Getting closer!

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
Biting my nails here. LOL

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Just logged on to see if Sweet Pea is with mom Laurie :)