• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

6 budgies at my local shelter, sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBS

Jogging around the block
I have seen about 6 birds in total at this shelter for the last 2 years, but today I happened to look and see that they had 6 budgies all at once. It's so sad. I can't get any of them. Maybe they'll get lucky and get adopted together.

AFV Adopt A Cat

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
It is so sad.. and getting closer to Christmas, it is only going to get worse. I mean, look at all them cats, it is the same here at the moment, even cats being given away for free because there is so many.. yet, not many can take them all. :(

Hopefully someone will be interested in adopting them all with their huge cage included. One of them budgies (Snow Bell) actually looks exactly like one of mine, only that one has yellow on her face.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how incredibly sad....

*K*J*B*

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kylee
Very sad. No one should ever give an animal as a gift UNLESS you take the person with you to pick the animal. I know this is not how all animals end up in shelters. The comment about Christmas coming up just made me think of this.

ronsig

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
These are young birds. Who would give away young birds?
But I am optimistic. With a big cage, they should find a home together.

Whoever surrendered these was decent enough to include the cage. Some people would pack the birds in a box and sell the cage.

Many owners just let their budgies and other pets go. The ones that end up at a shelter are the lucky ones.

Sigrid

tibanks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tina
:omg:They even have a snake. I sure hope those little budgies find a home, poor lil babies.

MBS

Jogging around the block
I looked at the website today and they're all gone. Hopefully they went to a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.