• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

5 Little Newborn Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Ive been seeing bunnies more and more! I went to a petstore the other day and fell in love. I had NO idea they were so sweet. I always pictured them skittish. Congrats on ur babies!! =)

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
awwwwww, so adorable.

crystaljam

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Ow wow - I've never seen newborn bunnies before! So cute!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how absolutely precious!!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
awwwwwwwwwwwww :heart:

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
:heart: baby bunnies!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Awwww, so cute!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Very sweet babies and daddy is adorable!

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Thanks guys. And yes bunnies can be very sweet we had two growing up and they lived for 14 years. They passed away a few years back and we just decided to get a couple. I just love the Holland lops in my opinion they are the perfect size and their disposition is exceptional.

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
Too cute! :heart: I want a rabbit!

You said the Holland lops are a good size and have a good disposition. How big do they get? And what kind of disposition do they have? I love the Holland lops and the Netherland dwarfs and the lionheads. It's a few years away, but I will be getting a rabbit. So I'm always reading about them trying to figure out which one would be the best for me.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I loved my bunnies; Thumper was brown and Flower was white with black markings. They were regular size meat rabbits from a farm, but they had been handled so much they were extremely tame. I love bunny fur. But after two years, I became terribly allergic to them, both respiratory and skin problems. So no more rabbits. Sigh.

Your kits are beautiful and their dad is a real looker. Isn't it amazing how all very young mammals look so much alike. If it wasn't for the ears they could be puppies or even rats. When nature finds a plan that works, she uses it everywhere. Have fun with your babies.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww,what adorable little ones.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
They look like little piglets!:swoon:

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Haha I know they could be just about anything. My cousin saw the pic of them and said, just a quick glance but those don't look like lops! haha.
-Bethany they Holland lops are the smallest of the lop breeds they are about 3-4lbs which I find to be ideal although I can't ignore the lure of a HUGE rabbit! :) They are very sweet but like any rabbit they will do their share of running to stretch those little legs, but I find them to be more cuddly than anything. I have seen aggressive rabbits in the past we got a baby English Angora and he was SCARY I couldn't even go near him. BUT I have NEVER met a mean Holland :). When my daughter has a cold she specifically asks to hold Blueberry (dad) because she says he makes her feel better, and he will just sit with her for a while doesn't mind the shuffle of a 2 year old and will lay on his back like a baby if she wants him to. I find it interesting because of all our animals that is who she chooses just to sit and cuddle. Izzy (mom) is very sweet too but right now I am trying to let her just be with the babies, although her socialization is pretty much all on me since for some reason my daughter just likes Blueberry she will hold Izzy but prefers "Blue" and keeps insisting that he is a girl and that is they way it has to be ;).

Bird_lover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jo
Oh, my goodness, the kits are precious and Daddy is, too! I just got a little Holland lop at a local, family-owned pet store, which is something I said I wouldn't do.

A while back, I couldn't find one holland lop to buy. Now that I snatched that little lop at the store, Craiglist has a million lops. I guess they plan the breedings for Easter.

Anyway, I hope my little lop is actually purebred so it's ears will go down and stay down. They're kind of helicopter right now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.