• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

4 Years ago you were a face on the internet who captivated me...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire

Your eyes captivated me and I knew I had to have you, your eyes were all I could see and you were all I could think about. So I sponsored you so someone would adopt you. One Family liked you but they decided that treating you was beyond that's okay you got me instead.

Last minute fate led you to me after a grueling week of unknown of where you would go to live with. When your Daddy found out that your adoptive Family backed out of taking you home because you were sick, he made my day and year telling me to "save the dog, adopt her".

That was all I had to hear and you became ours forever and you repay it all back just being the you that we love, my gentle and sweet Yonah Bear free from heartworms and no longer abused by our Human hands or having to guess as to when you would get to eat again.

Happy 4 yrs on the 22nd Yonah Bear Bear we love you to pieces!

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on four years! She is very lucky to have you!

Matt

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
:heart::heart::heart::hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a sweet, sweet story...Happy adoption day...and bless your heart..

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Wow, I can't believe it's been that long! I remember as well.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I remember that emotional roller coaster with Yonah.
I am very happy for her and YOU!

Yes, that post over at TP it was just days that I was just torn up since my other half said no. It was the most horrible week of waiting. I was so excited when the Shelter volunteer told me she had a Family that wanted her.

You, Pat, Marie and just about everyone were all pulling for me it was great! :dance4:

Then the terrible news that they backed out on her :( I was so besides myself on that one. On the way to work I found this out via email so I got on the phone and told Dave. 30 mins later her texted me telling me to save her.

Then soon after, he texted me in capital letters telling me to stay off the sites with dogs. I am on the sites more and more and promote and share now via facebook.

Time has gone by she is a great dog and she is Bella's best buddy.

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
:heart:Happy Healthy 4th Year, Yonah Bear. You landed in a loving healthy pad. Love those eyes:heart:May you enjoy her for manymanymany years to come:heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The only thing that I don't know is how old she really is. :( The Vet there had said not older than 5 and no younger than 3. So I still think she was like 3 or 4 because she and Bella bonded instantly and are truly bonded with each other and Bella will close to 7 I estimate this month.

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Wow, Bella must be young-at-heart. I'm glad to hear Bella is not "slowing down" as some 7 year old canines do, and then they have no tolerance for the younger canines. What breed is Bella?

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart::heart:I loved reading this...so glad you were able to keep her.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Wow, Bella must be young-at-heart. I'm glad to hear Bella is not "slowing down" as some 7 year old canines do, and then they have no tolerance for the younger canines. What breed is Bella?
Okay, I had my Sheltie who was 5 when we adopted and saved Bella. She was estimated to be around 10 mos, I say more like 7 months because he coat changed a bit. She was adopted in Oct 2006 and so I think she is 7 now this month and Shadow my Sheltie will be 11 in August.

Yonah was a blind rescue, she just came home to the other two dogs. That was it, a walk down the street and 30 mins later she was in the house with the other two. Bella looks like her Sister only heavier boned and of course Shadow is in a league of his own being a purebred, he is not like a mutty mutt and doesn't think like them he is tolerated but is the brat who has been a pampered puppy to a pampered adult. :heart:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Happy 4 years!!!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
congratulations

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thank you all, there is a special bond between us and I think because this rescue was so different then just going to look for a dog I wasn't looking. I was browsing the net and then bam!

I have never felt so tormented in my life with anxiety on top of it. I can see why People who never had a dog want to adopt. But adopt a healthy dog and I can't blame them. I was a person who could buy purebreds and adopt a healthy younger shelter dog. This time I knew that real rescue was saving a dire case of ill and older, so I did it.

BEST thing I could have spent my $$$ on had it been any other dog like another breeder puppy.

I felt, saw the absolute result of what a rescue is really all about. It is not about the fuzzy puppy breath or the purebred who ended up in a shelter. It ended up a young adult who nobody wanted but me. And for all the right reasons it worked out and I truly love this dog she is magical.

Even my Mother commented the first time she met her and said "there is something about her eyes". And there is................

Last edited:

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart: what an adorable girl :heart: Happy birthday, cutie. I am glad that you found the true forever home which you deserve :heart:

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
Sorry I'm late but HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.