• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

3 years clean

geff

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Geoff
What ever works for you, keep doing it. Good luck and best wishes for your future. Keep happy.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations!

It sounds like we've been on similar journeys. I can tell you that with each year the impulse to self-destruct gets weaker as you learn better, more healthy, and more compassionate ways to handle your emotions. Like you, I couldn't see myself living past a certain age - and now I'm well over a decade past that age. I got better mental health treatment, I got transition-related medical care, and most importantly, I found a community of of care and nourishment and solidaity. There are still hard days but I'm glad I'm still here. I'm glad that you're still with us, and I hope that there will be many beautiful things in the rest of your life.

AzKhaleesi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Heather
I wish you the best and like others have said if you ever need anyone, we are here. I have a daughter that is going to be 18 soon and she too struggles with depression and anxiety just like her momma. But thankfully she never self harmed and neither did I. She did threaten suicide once, and I promptly took her to the hospital. Now we have better and open communication and we try so hard to keep that communication open. Please remember that all though it's cliche' like I told her "This too shall pass" no matter what you're going through there is ALWAYS going to be worse and definitely going to be better. So While you're going through it just remember that. You've been through worse and it will get better. I wanted to remind myself that so I tattooed it on me. To remind me that tomorrow is another day. Keep your head up sweetie the best is yet to come for sure. And if you're here you must have a feather baby and remember they love us unconditionally.
:goodluck: