• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

$218 for a vet exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy

Where are you getting your bird from? Normally they give you so many days to get a vet health check...do it with in that time frame...testing will take longer and make sure you are covered for that time frame to get the test back...that should NOT be a problem and if it is...DO NOT BUY THE BIRD FROM THEM!!!!!
Some tests take two weeks for the testing to work and come back...:hug8:
I am getting my bird from a breeder. Should be getting him next weekend. When my breeder emails me this Saturday I will ask her about the vet.

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I was quoted over $350.00 or Prudence @ the Calgary Avian & Exotics earlier last year, with blood work. SO thats a good price in my mind. ANd I work for a vet clinic where our Consult Fee is $154.00 off the bat! So....Vets are pricey, but for a good reason, I see it everyday,

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Yes, my exams are $200 and they do blood work so when I get my three done it costs $600. I do it once a year, includes a blood pannel, weighing, nail trim, and a physical exam. I put money in an emergency account for my animals so I feel secure. I have about $3000 set aside in case of emergencies. Plus I have a dog with eye problems, she's blind. So it's good to have that aside.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
it is an arm and a leg up here in Canada!!

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Yeah I have a bank account specifically for my bird fund so I will have money for the vet funds, thankfully. I was just unsure as to how much vet fees were for taking a bird for it's first exam.

jasminlana

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
just got back from vet with Ella. It was 229, comprehensive exam, nail trim wound treatment (minimal)and antibiotics -- had to pay for medicine and topical wound treatment cream. I thought this was not bad. I was thinking the worst especially since she had a chest wound.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
That is a great price. A few years ago I paid $250 for all the bloodwork and the major screens for a new bird But a few months ago i paid almost $400 for just a yearly check up.

Status
Not open for further replies.