• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2024 Illegal Quaker List

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Oh dang, we need a permit here now in Virginia? I don’t have one but that’s good to know!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Why are the illegal in some countries curious o_O

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Why are the illegal in some countries curious o_O
Because flocks of feral Quakers have established themselves in many States ( I think the biggest flocks are in California and Florida). There's a huge flock in New York City's Central Park, so cold winters don't deter them. They build their huge nests on utility lines. People are worried they are harming native species and crops. I believe they've been spotted in every state around WV so I'm getting worried! Some States have a grandfather clause for people who already own one, but some just make you get rid of them.

Some argue that they will fill the niche that the Carolina Parakeet left when they went extinct... But, apparently, that argument isn't working!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Because flocks of feral Quakers have established themselves in many States ( I think the biggest flocks are in California and Florida). There's a huge flock in New York City's Central Park, so cold winters don't deter them. They build their huge nests on utility lines. People are worried they are harming native species and crops. I believe they've been spotted in every state around WV so I'm getting worried! Some States have a grandfather clause for people who already own one, but some just make you get rid of them.

Some argue that they will fill the niche that the Carolina Parakeet left when they went extinct... But, apparently, that argument isn't working!
Well I hope fingers crossed they stay ok in your area and @Pixiebeak