• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 Macaws Need Rescue Help in California

• Thread starter Deleted member 29421
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 29421

HELP ASAP! A friend is desperately trying to rehome his elderly sisters 2 macaws. He said they are approximately 20 years old. Apparently he went to visit her and realized his sister needs some serious help because she appears to be hoarding and he has to get her two birds out of her house for their own welfare. In the meantime, the birds are located in Fairfield Ca, if there is anyone in the San Fransisco Bay Area that can help, please let me know asap. This photo was taken just last week
IMG_3255.jpg

D

Deleted member 29421

UPDATE: I called a bird vet out there and they referred me to a place that does bird rescue called Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue. He assured me they are very reputable. A call has been placed and were just waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
UPDATE: I called a bird vet out there and they referred me to a place that does bird rescue called Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue. He assured me they are very reputable. A call has been placed and were just waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed!
Good luck!

D

Deleted member 29421

Well...........Its not looking good for any birds needing rescue in California, let alone these two. Apparently there is an outbreak of Newcastle disease in California and literally NO ONE is taking in birds. No one reputable that is. Now they are talking about giving them to that traveling show (I call it a bird circus) because they think they train all the birds they take in to be show birds. I believe its more like, they take in all birds and sell them to support the show birds. --------> EXTREME PARROTS, SHOWS & ATTRACTIONS, The Finest Exotic Parrot Shows on the Planet.... ....I wish I never knew of these two because now all I can do is worry about their well being. It just breaks my heart for them. :sad1:

Heres a link about the outbreak FYI. CDFA - AHFSS - AHB - Virulent Newcastle Disease

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
:( I wish I lived closer...I would so love to help find them a forever home. Poor babies :( I'll keep everything crossed that something wonderful comes along for them. <3

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
There are several rescues in California, although I don't know if any of them are open.

The Roaming Parrot » Rescue List

Any updates? Worse case scenario, might need to look into moving them out of the area to somewhere else, but I don't know if any would be willing to take in a bird from California. I know there's a couple in my area, but I don't know if they'd be willing or capable... transport would be easy at least. (potentially)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
If you can send me contact information, I can post on FB.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Let me know how things are going. I feel so bad for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.