• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 green cheek conures SWFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

blujp

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loren
I have two green cheek conures that I may need to rehome. The air conditioning in the place we're renting from went out Labor Day and it's turning out to be a real struggle to get it fixed thanks to the landlord (the entire system may need to be replaced). The screens on the lanai were also damaged during Hurricane Irma (and..have also not been fixed) and due to the air conditioning being out I need to keep the doors open, so that means they can't come out of the cage as there's no safe place. We'll be moving ASAP (March if we can't get out of the lease) and it's very hard to rent with birds as we also have two dogs and cats.

I have Scully (normal) and Archie (pineapple). Scully can be nippy but will come out (she loves sunflower seeds) and chilling on your shoulder. She's pretty cage aggressive but comes out easily enough when lured and she doesn't break skin. Archie is afraid of people, he used to be a breeder bird but the person I got him from did say he was handraised. He will come out, but will not approach people/is afraid of hands. They're both in one half of a double flight cage (separated by plexiglass because Archie decided to be a bully). Archie plucked when I first got him but stopped after I got Scully, so I'd prefer they go together unless you have another bird at home. Both are vet checked, DNA sexed and are unclipped.

If I'm unable to rehome them I'm going to try my best to find a place that we can keep them, if not I know there's a couple bird rescues near me.

IMG_0480.jpg IMG_0991.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I hope you're able to find someone who's able to hold them for you until your home repairs are finished. It'd be too sad to have to rehome them because of it. :sadhug2:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's wonderful news!

Status
Not open for further replies.