• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 conures help

YogiBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kris
So yesterday i got another conure. Shes a cinnamon one and shes only 9 mo old. The conure that ive had for a while is rico. Hes almost 2. Now, Rico saw Piña (thats the cinnamon head) and he was curious at first, but then wanted to attack. Hes a feisty guy so even when him and Piña are in different rooms hell try to go after her.

I hate this. I know its only day 1 but cmon now! Theyre in two separate rooms AWAY from each other! She doesnt go after him, she just watches. Hes the aggressor. I know keeping them separate for 30 days will help. But is there anything else i can do to help?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
It’s totally normal rico is jealous my remi did it and he was only 9months old I did separate out of cage times either remi or pip would be in cage other sat on rope perch by front I got them both to do tricks treats for them both treats for relaxed body language

which ever one was aggressive got told no fighting and put in cage to calm down

I set a timer so they had 10mins each time out

loads of foraging toys helped them they seem less aggression when they was treats but that was once they showed no aggression in their cages perches together it took about three weeks

be ready to break up a fight and have a hoodie on or long sleeves to cover hands they will attack you you when you try breaking it up

honestly I know what you mean I was like what the hell have I done

flock activities like bathing recall truck training seemed to help mine loads

Always greet rico first he comes out first gets first food attention etc seemed to help too

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Also who ever was in cage either had they favourite treats in foraging toys in there cage or they got veggies to go back in cage to so it seem less like going away for other to get attention

YogiBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kris
Also who ever was in cage either had they favourite treats in foraging toys in there cage or they got veggies to go back in cage to so it seem less like going away for other to get attention
Yes this is one of the first things i did! He unfortunately did not care -_- now they're screaming incessantly at each other from other rooms! Tell me im doing something right.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Have they actually been near each other because really if they have quarantine broken ?

@Pixiebeak if quarantine been broken would you just put cages in view of each other might stop screaming if they can see each other ?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
@webchirp might be able to help better too I am still learning with mine too

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Typical butt head boy. For mine, I kept them apart at all times but able to see each other. Perhaps start across the room and ensure that they can’t reach each other. If he shows signs of wanting to be nice, don’t trust it for several months. My girls now will just move away from the jerks.
I do have one girl I keep lightly clipped from time to time as she is very aggressive to any bird not turquoise colored.
I also have dividers up between several. Rocco was housed with Jewel but then dumped him and now he will not let her in his area.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Typical butt head boy. For mine, I kept them apart at all times but able to see each other. Perhaps start across the room and ensure that they can’t reach each other. If he shows signs of wanting to be nice, don’t trust it for several months. My girls now will just move away from the jerks.
I do have one girl I keep lightly clipped from time to time as she is very aggressive to any bird not turquoise colored.
I also have dividers up between several. Rocco was housed with Jewel but then dumped him and now he will not let her in his area.
How many do you have ? And that’s it like lol

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
How many do you have ? And that’s it like lol
I have 15 cheekies, a maroon bellied, crimson bellied, roseifrons, gold cap and sun. I used to have netting up but Rocco who is now 20 has slowed down enough he doesn’t need clipped or fully blocked off. I have clear panels between the cages of peeps that don’t need visitors. Although Tobias likes to annoy Rocco in his spare time around and through the panel…

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I have 15 cheekies, a maroon bellied, crimson bellied, roseifrons, gold cap and sun. I used to have netting up but Rocco who is now 20 has slowed down enough he doesn’t need clipped or fully blocked off. I have clear panels between the cages of peeps that don’t need visitors. Although Tobias likes to annoy Rocco in his spare time around and through the panel…
How do you handle all them haha

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Haha I love how they are sticking to their areas both just showing off
Can you have them all out together or in teams you must have a massive amount of bird cages toys cleaning feeding etc do you have a bird room

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Haha I love how they are sticking to their areas both just showing off
Can you have them all out together or in teams you must have a massive amount of bird cages toys cleaning feeding etc do you have a bird room
Everyone is out together. I have oodles of toy parts and equipment to cut wood. I used to have a store but it was too hard to keep up with mine and orders. So now I just make what I can for Dr. Orosz. Definitely a schedule of feeding and cleaning. Then power wash days on the weekend. And everyone is aging to elderly so I have more than half the flock on meds. Plus I have seven dogs so I’m fairly busy. My neighbor said my life is like a circus :excited1:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Everyone is out together. I have oodles of toy parts and equipment to cut wood. I used to have a store but it was too hard to keep up with mine and orders. So now I just make what I can for Dr. Orosz. Definitely a schedule of feeding and cleaning. Then power wash days on the weekend. And everyone is aging to elderly so I have more than half the flock on meds. Plus I have seven dogs so I’m fairly busy. My neighbor said my life is like a circus :excited1:
Definitely sounds like you have your hands full but love it :rofl: