• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

16 yr old girlie

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So Im here to ask what would you do ...I have a 16-17 yr old female cat names Shylo ...Last yr in July she had issues with urinating not able to go and straining I took her to the vet and she had a shadow on her bladder and an infection ..6 months later the same thing which meds were given both times ..now we are 3 months later and the same thing is happening..no able to pee and in pain ...I have an appt today for her but I am at a loss how far I should go with tests and the such .... If she has cancer or bladder stones I am not going to go forward with surgery since she is a senior and I feel would only stress her and possibly kill her ... I am doing a urinalyses on her today to see if its just an infection but if the shadow is still there or has progressed Im not to sure what to do ..Do I let her go with me there instead of going forward with treatment and this happening again ... I know the out come rests on the urine test but how do I make the decision to let her go or to do more meds and see what happens ..any help or insight would be helpful ... :sad8: :sad13:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no I'm so very sorry for your loss :sadhug:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Thank you ..Im just so sad she was my girlie and I miss her like crazy :sad8:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I’m very sorry to read this. I’m sure you did what was best for your kitty. :sorrow:

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Im so sorry. That must have been an incredibly difficult thing to do (letting her go). My heart goes out to you.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

SunnySandi

Walking the driveway
I’m sorry for your loss, as someone who has a geriatric kitty (going to be 16), I can’t imagine it. I wish you the best and you did all you could, sometimes the humane answer is the most heartbreaking.