• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

10 year old rescue Maxi coming tomorrow!

flyingsowm

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Oh you guys! Here are pics of all 3 pis!

Attachments

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
This must be the most beautiful flock in the world! ♥
I love the stand! :) What is it?

flyingsowm

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Thank you so much Eloy! It is Java wood. It was a perch and I just plugged it into the top of the atand which had a hole!

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing. You are so fortunate to have such a gorgeous flock. And they all look so happy

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:cloud9: Such pretty birds! Your Pi's are stunning! :loveshower:

flyingsowm

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Thanks everyone! Maxsmom, the funny thing is I did not have a photo resizer app when I joined and the only way I could choose my own avatar was if I cropped the picture to that tiny size so I chose to use just his eye!

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Thanks everyone! Maxsmom, the funny thing is I did not have a photo resizer app when I joined and the only way I could choose my own avatar was if I cropped the picture to that tiny size so I chose to use just his eye!
You captured the most important physical characteristic. Knowing they observe and need to take it all in is so key

flyingsowm

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Thanks Maxsmom!

Elmo is an amazing bird who has been through so much. He has come around lightening fast. Storm has been here twice as long and was not abused and is not as loving as Elmo (yet!) Today Elmo let me scritch him and get rid of pin feathers. He does not bite anymore. He just cuddled into me and my heart melted. 7 years without this!

He still always wants to know where my husband is but won't step up to him yet.

See Storm's lightening bolts on his cheeks?

Attachments

Last edited:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
He's so happy to be loved on, look at those eyes. He looks very grateful for the scratches and personal attention. He'll probably decide your his chosen one and be a loyal friend for the rest of his life:hug8:

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Oh, gosh. Thanks so much for sharing such happiness and love. Nice to marvel at a parrot enjoying a second chance

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
OMG what a adorable pics! He loves you! ♥
I see pure love in that pictures so be very proud and happy! :)

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
And each bird is different in their adjustment and interaction. I say give lots of time and space and it will happen with Storm. I.am a bit short of 3 years with Charlie. He is a very happy camper and acts like he knows life is good. Yet it is rare that he steps up. I know that it will one day happen regularly with Charlie as it will with Storm.

flyingsowm

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Thank you all! Hugs to all of you. I am so lucky and so is he. I am still in shock that it turned out like this. What a change from the screaming, honking, biting bird who came. It is his third and last home! I am si glad I said yes because part of me thought that 3 pis (and 3 kids) would be too much for me. It is not too much and has given me more energy if anything. Yay!

Edited to add - you are right Maxsmom. Storm actually readily steps up and almost runs to me if I have food! He just doesn't cuddle yet and just wants the food right now. He is such a watcher!

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
I had a honking screaming pi too...he is my happy go lucky Charlie that knows to speak not honk and he will have more love and attention than he know what to do with....isn't it such a happy wonder to have them stop honking when they adjust and know life is good? I share your joy.

I'd love to hear more about Storm, Elmo and Indigo's stories so please keep sharing.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Storm sounds great! Sounds like Storm is well on his way and already knows how great life is. I appreciate the update. Charlie follows me around, runs to me and asks for scritches a lot and does turnarounds for special treats. He cuddles only after vet visits. He just doesn't want to step up much but we have worked around it.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:smileflower: