1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

1 YEAR WITH US!

Discussion in 'Celebration Street' started by Dexy2010, 11/7/18.

1. Dexy2010

Dexy2010 Moving in

Whitney Hitt
    We rescued Jack and Sally (who we now are pretty sure is male even though they told us 1 was male and the other female), our 2 abused Green Quaker siblings about a year ago.

These two birds have come such a long way! When we got them they wouldn't even take treats. It took a long time before they would even come out of their cage. Even then getting them to go back inside was a chore, and a painful one because they were still learning that we weren't trying to kill them and they didn't have to bite us.

Things are much better now. They get to be out daily and putting them back in their cage before bed is no longer a big deal. They still aren't super trusting with the lights on, but turn them off and they are super easy to deal with.

2. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Happy first anniversary to all of you! Post some recent photos of them.

cassiesdad and Fergus Mom like this.
  3. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    Happy Anniversary!

Fergus Mom likes this.
  4. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Martine
    :anniversary:

Fergus Mom likes this.
  5. Fergus Mom

Fergus Mom Rollerblading along the road

Elly
    That is wonderful news! Hope "Jack and Sally" ... (love this, since both are probably male) will progress even more their 2nd year! :D Happy Gotcha Day!

Sarahmoluccan likes this.
  6. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Sarah
    Happy Gotcha Day!! :loveshower: It's great you've made so much progress in one year :swoon:

7. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    Congratulations!

8. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! I Can't Stop Posting!

Happy gotcha day! Welcome :)

9. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Weather Authority Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    Happy First Anniversary to Jack and Sally!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)