• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

1 1/2 & 2 inch washers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
ARe they really that easy to find? I haven't really gone out looking.. but I'm wondering.:huh:

Would I find them at a place like home depot?

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
You should be able to find SS washers at Home Depot although they may be listed as something other than 1 1/2 and 2 " washers because they measure the size by the hole in the middle and not the actual diameter of the washer.

Did you mean you are looking for a washer with a 1 1/2-2 " hole in the center or that's the actual size of the washer across you are looking for? what do you need it for? If the item you need the washer for isn't too large I would take it with you into the store so you make sure you get the correct size.

Last edited:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Really? And do they come with different size holes in the centers as well? I would need to find big washers with perfect sized holes in the centers to hang my collection of heavy perches.

I may consider having a custom cage built with 1 1/2 bar spacing for Emma.. but this is on condition that I can find washers for this bar spacing EASILY and with no hassle.;)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You should be able to find SS washers at Home Depot although they may be listed as something other than 1 1/2 and 2 " washers because they measure the size by the hole in the middle and not the actual diameter of the washer.
Did you mean you are looking for a washer with a 1 1/2-2 " hole in the center or that's the actual size of the washer across you are looking for? what do you need it for? If the item you need the washer for isn't too large I would take it with you into the store so you make sure you get the correct size.
The diameter of the washer must fit over the Cage bars easily, firmly and securely. This is a MUST. The hole in the center must fit perfectly as well.
Perfect fit is a must.:D

Last edited:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the link Gg!
I imagine that I should be able to purchase any kind of stainless steel washers locally. :D

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
You shouldn't have any problem finding the washers you need at decent hardware store. I don't much use SS washers anymore, I much prefer the Poly Carb washers at bird on the rocks, I just like the way they look.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
These type of large washers are commonly known as "Fender Washers". Some hardware stores may not carry them especially if there is not a big enough demand for them but you can ask as they can probably special order them through their distributor. You'd probably have to pre-pay for them.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I get all my SS hardware from Home | Fastenal

You can search by both inside & outside diameter as needed.

These are the ones I got for use with the booda perches: 7/8" inside hole, 2" outside diameter
7/8" 18-8 Stainless Steel Small OD Flat Washer | Fastenal
You shouldn't have any problem finding the washers you need at decent hardware store. I don't much use SS washers anymore, I much prefer the Poly Carb washers at bird on the rocks, I just like the way they look.
Thanks Merlie and Trout. Will bring needed washers to my local hardware stores to purchase what I need.:D

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I get mine at Home Depot.... Stainless Steel only.....

chief5feathers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa
I couldn't find the stainless steel washers at Lowe's, but I just ordered 30 of the 2" Polycarbonate Washers from Bird on the Rocks. They should be here Tuesday along with their flagstone perches. Can't wait to try them. :dance4:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Thanks for the link Gg!
I imagine that I should be able to purchase any kind of stainless steel washers locally. :D
I couldn't find what I wanted locally so had to look online :cool1:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've heard of the plastic washers Cracking on some parrot owners.:huh:

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
The BOTR washer's are much more "heavy duty" than "plastic". They are thick, and so far, even under the stress of my heaviest stuff, they haven't cracked. They're holding up Mojo's XXL custom Flagstone corner perch, which is extremely heavy with no problem at all.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay!! That's great to know Merlie!! Can't wait to receive my fS perches too!!:highfive:

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
I don't think a hyacinth could even break a thick polycarbonate plastic.

Their hardest bites are around 350 psi, lexan can stand over 10,000 psi.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I went to the Home Depot yesterday and they only had up to 1 1/2", no 2" washers :(

I did, however, find my ceiling hangers!!! :D

birdontherocks

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
John
I also have 2" fender washers in stainless steel and nickle plated steel on my website along with hangerbolts and wingnuts. And of course the popular poly washers.
For those that have never seen these they are very strong and they really make a huge difference in the way your cage looks. It gives you more viewing area and cleans up the look of the cage not to mention it won't chip powder coated cages like a steel washer will.
I also have a very limited supply of some special washers that are 1 inch wide by 3 inch long with a 1/4 inch hole in the center. They are not on my website, you will have to pm me for those.

Specializing in Parrot Flagstone Perches and Manzanita Playgyms - Perch and Toy Hardware
John

Status
Not open for further replies.