• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Seizure?

Begone2

Meeting neighbors
Hopefully to close this episode, I finally received the X ray plates from our vet. I forgot to say that he had pointed out (and you can clearly see in the illustrations) that his right leg (the one with the ring) is quite clearly deformed - it has a bend in it. This perhaps is evidence of a calcium deficiency during his early months being hand-fed, and makes me determined to make sure he has regular calcium supplements, a healthy diet and plenty of natural sunshine. You will also note that his ring is enormous and bulky for such a small bird. I am tempted to get him chipped, and have the ring removed. I wonder if that would affect his cites certificate. I will need to enquire. Any comments, please feel free to add.

Attachments

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
If you’re feeding a proper diet you don’t need to supplement calcium. It is possible to overdo it.

I would also be careful in interpreting the leg conformation based on these radiographs. The legs are not in the same position and even slight rotation can make things look very different.