• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie seems sick

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's great news! Good that she is getting better.

Chiiaraaaaa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Chiara
Tonight is the last time she gets antibiotics. She isn’t bobbing her tail anymore and doesn’t have faeces stuck to her cloaca. So I think she is getting better. She is still a little tired, but after I was sick I always have a lack of energy.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Tonight is the last time she gets antibiotics. She isn’t bobbing her tail anymore and doesn’t have faeces stuck to her cloaca. So I think she is getting better. She is still a little tired, but after I was sick I always have a lack of energy.

This is wonderful news! I hope she will continue to progress, and look at you - you are now experienced at toweling and getting to that vet. How are you giving the antibiotics, with a dropper? This is great to see she is much better. I would have been alarmed with the looks of her bottom as well.

Chiiaraaaaa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Chiara
Yes I have a little syringe without the needle. And I just grab her with a towel, check her cloaca and then when she screams I put the dropper in and push the thingie on top down. She looks a little weird now, because the antibiotics got on her cheek and that dried a little weird lol

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Glad she is healing. Make sure not to push the syringe plunger too fast because the medication can end up on her lungs. Slowly is best.