• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Its Been Busy- Sad Update Post #22

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I’m so sorry for your loss. I know the pain having lost two of my cats to cancer.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
My BFF just lost her two year old cat to lymphoma. She and her niece had hand raised Peter Pan from an abandoned hour old newborn still attached to his dead siblings and placenta found on their porch. It has been a particularly wrenching loss for them and me.

Also, I am right now trying to ease one of my rescue cats, Rosie, into crossing the Bridge. Apparently, as a kitten/young cat, she only got one dose of vaccine for rhinotracheitis instead of the three doses recommended, and when she escaped from the house during the delivery of my new refrigerator, she became infected with the virus. Rosie now has a chronic infection with the virus. She is 14 and it is just a matter of time before it kills her.

Last year, I lost my heartcat to heart disease and I miss Timmy (14 years) so much still... The year before it was Maxx (15 years) with his severe asthma and COPD. All my cats are over ten years old now and I know I will lose them, one by one. But having them in my life is so rewarding for so many years, I will deal with the parting and count myself lucky for the enrichment they have brought to me.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I will keep Rosie in my prayers for a soft crossing. You have had more feline loss than I have, its got to be difficult.
I was just chatting with a friend who is visiting and she just lost her :heart: cat at 7 years of age due to a large tumor in the abdomen. There seems to have been a rash of pet loss, dogs, birds and cats in the last two months. Is God making room for all the Spring time kitties?

I took Christine's things to the Humanes Society today for donation. They have just 5 cats and one kitten in their feline facility and 4 dogs. That is a good thing but also very rare that the population is down so much.

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
I’m just now seeing this, but I’m so very sorry for your loss, Diane. :sorrow: My heart hurts for you, and you will be in my prayers.

Such a gorgeous cat, Christine was. I love Calico kitties, very beautiful cats.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Thanks Kiera. AA supports us in time of loss. We had so many shared routines together. Every morning she was on my lap as I watched the am news with a cup of coffee. I really miss those routines.

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Thanks Kiera. AA supports us in time of loss. We had so many shared routines together. Every morning she was on my lap as I watched the am news with a cup of coffee. I really miss those routines.
Aww, she sounds like such a sweetie but it also sounds like you gave her such a good life. You were also very selfless when you let her go to keep her from pain; I really admire that. :heart: :sadhug2:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Our boys lived to be 19... hubby just ran across a photo of one and said “Ditto.... I always felt so bad for Ditto.” The sadness remains when you have loved greatly.

Ditto didn’t like anyone, and Beau beat him up all the time. But when I arrived —- ditto greeted me like a long lost toddler would, flinging his arms around my neck, sleeping on my head. At least the last 6 years he had a person.
4E431042-3763-4449-BF5E-3BEB0A43CA5B.jpeg

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Our boys lived to be 19... hubby just ran across a photo of one and said “Ditto.... I always felt so bad for Ditto.” The sadness remains when you have loved greatly.

Ditto didn’t like anyone, and Beau beat him up all the time. But when I arrived —- ditto greeted me like a long lost toddler would, flinging his arms around my neck, sleeping on my head. At least the last 6 years he had a person.

They are gorgeous kitties. 19 is a ripe old age for a cat to live.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
So sorry for your loss. :hug8:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran