• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pepper is gone

Robin8888

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Robin
No, we've only had that one sighting on the19th but no calls
we'replaying pikachu's singing over a smallbluetooth speaker..
Did you check with local shelters, pet stores or vets? People will report found pets to local places. Also try putting fliers in these places. Call any vet in your area see if you can email them a flier.
Good Luck hope you find Pepper soon

BeeBop

I hope you find her soon. Expand your searching. She could have flown out of the area by now, so look in places you haven't looked yet. Take your treats and the recordings of whistling and such.

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I assume you're checking craigslist too. I see a lot of ads on there for found animals.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
:sadhug2: I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. I hope Pepper makes her way back home soon

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Good news is that it is now sunny, and the snow prediction was moved to friday
Since we had been out since early morning we just took a drive around within a mile or so of the area

At this point Im hoping she'll just go and land on someone who can bring her home

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Apparently Pepper had been spotted a mile or so away Sat+Sunday mornings at 10 hanging around near a flock of starlings, once by the caller's parents house and again at someone's house by a park..
Those two sightings would mean that the one at 12:30 on sunday, Pepper must have come back and was seeking out home still.

It has fallen dark already at 6 and I think I heard a owl, no other birds or animals really. We're heading in for the night again since we dont want to attract the owls with Pikachu or a possible call from Pepper.
Starting to get that worried sick feeling again since there was no sightings reported yesterday or today. She'll be gone 6 days tomorrow- almost a week. I know it was only two days since the last sighting, just I wish I could know if she is still alive and where.

BeeBop

I hope you find her soon. Keep trying, she is looking for you too.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
If she's been accepted by starlings she'll get food and water and some protection form predators so I think that is a good thing because now she has support and will go where they go to eat and say safe and warm and she'll probably end up by you house again soon so keep a cage out she knows with food in it and maybe you'll find her munching away in her house soon.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Yeah the person said she kind of just lingered near the starlings, as if she were wanting to join in but wasn't sure.
Keeping the cage out and hoping for the best.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
17th - Initial escape around 4-4:30PM. Very clearly heard her contact call 2x around 7 something PM close to house.
18th - Spotted being chased across school field by two crows, around 10am, screaming and at tree-top height. Apparently was also spotted a 3min drive away also around 10am.
19th - Possibly seen around that same area again around 10am, in a yard near a group of starlings. Then seen around 12pm flying over a roof, very close to home.
20th - Nothing.
21st - Nothing.

Just keeping notes since it's been hard to remember details lately, being up late/getting up early and all.

AviaryByTheSea

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michael
You are doing everything you can do... I know the anxiety and stress of the unknown can be overwhelming and the feeling of helplessness can be unbearable.... Just keep making the search rounds - start early, keep posting and handing out fliers, and making your calls. Don't give up hope... they usually don't go too far the 1st 30 days.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Still sending thoughts your way. She will come home soon or you will find her. I think she is going to stay with the starlings till you find her most likely.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
still keeping Pepper in my prayers...

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
There was a possible sighting a quick drive away around 5pm yesterday- a person had gone out with binoculars but they weren't completely sure it was Pepper they saw.
They even went down to a park further away and searched- it's great to know people are looking.

I'd really like to see her myself...

BeeBop

Did you check where the last possible sighting was? If you didn't don't waste any time and look for her as soon as it's possible. Do a thorough search, look for bird feeders, look in high trees, watch for flocks of starlings and look in their area if you do see them. Even request to look in someone's backyard if you feel it's possible and nesscary. If you have some binoculars you should bring them to your searches as they could be extremely helpful. I hope you find her soon.

jen2016

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
I continue to hope Pepper is found. :sadhug:

I just wanted to mention that maybe her sightings have lessened because people are back to work/school and are not home during active bird-hours? Not sure how many homes are in your area vs businesses, etc, but hopefully the upcoming weekend brings more news.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Yes, we searched the area and have binoculars on us and when we thought we heard her (might be my ears playing tricks cause I want to hear her so bad) we requested to go in someone's yard

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
It dropped to 30 degrees lastnight and till this morning- would that be too cold for her?
got warmer and back to 42 now, sun and partly cloudy..

There was a hawk being driven off by crows, another hawk nearby with two bald eagles and all three were circling above the school before heading in the direction our house is in :cautious:

BeeBop

Since cockatiels and budgies live in Australia you would have to look at the winter weather there. I believe it can get that low or at least around that temperature. If cockatiels can survive that weather in the wild then Pepper can probably manage to too. If she's been accepted by the starlings she might have found a place to keep her sheltered from the cold.