• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shadow

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so sorry for your loss.

Run free in the green fields of the Bridge, Shadow, where there are plenty of salmon to chase....

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Sorry for your loss. They were all beautiful. :hug8:

lower027

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brittany
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk.

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
@Animallover03, @Cynthia & Percy, @Birdbabe, @rocky'smom, @Tiel Feathers, @zoo mom, @Sylvi_,
@Newbie GCC, @fluffypoptarts, @expressmailtome, @Percy&Ivan, @CrazyBirdChick, @sunnysmom, @Macawnutz
@SandraK, @Mockinbirdiva, @Princessbella, @txdyna65, @cassiesdad, @Sarahmoluccan, @lower027

Thank you all, I really appreciate all your condolences and kind words. It means more than I can say, today was hard since I wanted to put away as much dog stuff as I could to get it out of sight for now. I do not know if I will ever have another dog but it won't be soon enough to justify leaving beds and toys everywhere.
Hanging up his collar with Bear and Pete's was the hardest.

I really hope Shadow just spent the last day in heaven reminding Bear that he's the most clever, with his dementia gone, and the fastest now that his strength is back again. Though Bear never did figure out that he could outsmart Shadow towards the end of both their lives he sure did know he could outrun him... though Bear was always too kind to him to really cause mischief. Shadow was always the trouble maker, outsmarting Bear and Pete and stealing their stuff while they weren't watching and outrunning them all when he needed to.
... Though when he'd get into trouble he'd always come back to gather his two huge bouncers to serve as his body guards or send them off to investigate something with a single woof. Little brat, he'd get them in trouble while he stood there and watched!
I miss them all so much right now but I am so glad to have had them all in my life.

AzaleaMist

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
I am very sorry your dog shadows life had come to an end. It sounds like you did the right thing for shadow and ended his pain. I hope your grief gets easier. Hugs

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I really hope Shadow just spent the last day in heaven reminding Bear that he's the most clever, with his dementia gone, and the fastest now that his strength is back again
No doubt that has happened. When an animal gets to the Bridge, they are renewed. Their strength is back, their mind is sharp again... fur, feathers, and scales are back and beautiful...:heart:

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Sondra, I am so very sorry for your loss. It is never easy making that decision and saying goodbye, but you did right by Shadow. Find comfort in knowing Shadow knew how much he was loved and cherished. He had a wonderful life with you. Hugs.

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
Sorry to hear about your puppy. :sadhug: Wish they could live as long as we do.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry for your loss :sorrow:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Sorry for your loss Sondra.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
:bighug: So sorry for your loss

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
This is very very late but i wanted to say im so sorry about shadow. He went knowing how very loved and missed he is. Hugs

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
@AzaleaMist @Brigidt36 @Kellie728 @Tyrion @iamwhoiam
@Jeddy @KatherinesBirds @Icey @Happynme

Thank you all, and sorry for the slow response. I do really appreciate your kind words even if I was avoiding this thread for a little while.

I regret after Pete's fight with cancer I was too broke to have a pawprint done, but I've had Shadow's and Bear's together for a few days now. They were done at different places but I actually feel like they ended up reflecting their personalities well. Bear's is simple and inelegant, reminding me of how anxious yet earnest he was, Shadow's fancier for the prince he seemed to think he was. Mud for my muddog, white for my snowdog (though I may paint Shadow's later.)

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
@AzaleaMist @Brigidt36 @Kellie728 @Tyrion @iamwhoiam
@Jeddy @KatherinesBirds @Icey @Happynme

Thank you all, and sorry for the slow response. I do really appreciate your kind words even if I was avoiding this thread for a little while.

I regret after Pete's fight with cancer I was too broke to have a pawprint done, but I've had Shadow's and Bear's together for a few days now. They were done at different places but I actually feel like they ended up reflecting their personalities well. Bear's is simple and inelegant, reminding me of how anxious yet earnest he was, Shadow's fancier for the prince he seemed to think he was. Mud for my muddog, white for my snowdog (though I may paint Shadow's later.)
Those paw prints are beautiful! I love that they are different and fit to personality. Hugs.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sorrow:
So sorry for your loss.

Ocean

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
:sorrow: Losing a dog is probably one of the hardest things anyone with a beloved furry companion will ever have to go through..

Terribly sorry for your loss