• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Interest Check: PVC Playgyms / Perches

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Hi there everyone,
I'd like to do an interest check for PVC pipe: stand alone single perches, play gyms (both tabletop and floor stands), car (seat-mounted) perches, hanging gyms, hanging nets, etc. (Feel free to suggest others!) Myself and my friend are considering opening a shop since we find them fun to do, but before we set up a website and what not I wanted to get an interest check as to what would be most appealing.

*Would be wrapped in vet tape, unless otherwise stated.
- Larger items could come pre-assembled for a higher shipping fee.

Thanks everyone!

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Well, I do need a shower perch and a car perch. :)

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Awesome! We could most definitely add shower perches to the list. We're making mock-ups currently to assure we can make quality PVC products, and then from there most will be made to order and customizable. :) Only issue with the shower perch will be gripping. We're going to have to come up with something that isn't the vet tape as that stuff falls off over time especially if exposed to water! :o:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Awesome! We could most definitely add shower perches to the list. We're making mock-ups currently to assure we can make quality PVC products, and then from there most will be made to order and customizable. :) Only issue with the shower perch will be gripping. We're going to have to come up with something that isn't the vet tape as that stuff falls off over time especially if exposed to water! :o:
I've made these for our parrot club fair. The ones I did we scuffed up the PVC so that the birds could have traction. Hubby bought me a dremel for Christmas so I can get carried away here.

There's a thread here on the forums somewhere about the different types of PVC. Apparently some are not so good.

I saw a chair/auto perch that was made from PVC when I first got these zons. It really looked cool and had some sort of contraption on the bottom to catch the poo.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
I found something about soft PVC, used in car key "cases" or key chains. But I haven't really found any other information, if you happen to find it I'd love to read it! :) We're using Schedule 40; rated for potable water and it's marked by NSF so it's non-toxic.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Ah! Great, we're using the right stuff. Thank you for that post, the sizing chart is helpful as well. :)

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
About 20 years ago I had bought a pvc stand that is perfect for using in the shower or traveling. The best part is there are grooves on the perch area which solves the slipping problem. It was perfect for traveling when I flew out and drove both Kalea and Donovan home. It breaks down easily for packing and when driving back, I used it in the hotel, put a puppy pee pad on top of bottom frame and so the carpet was not pooped up and I did not have to pay for any cleaning charges. I did have housekeeping verify before I left the room and had Donovan in the carrier, just to make sure I would not get a surprise bill later either.

When I bought that stand I had no idea just how I would use it years later and so thankful that I did decide to buy it as money was tight.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Puppy pee pad! Awesome!

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
@Macaw Lover They are by far the best stands if done efficiently, and like you said they can be broken down fairly easily for disassembling and re-assembly.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
You already know I'm interested. :p

Anneka

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
If the perch itself is smaller than a regular PVC size, I'd be interested in a simple floor T-stand and a shower perch with strong enough suction cups.