• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

6 days and Sweet Pea will be home with me

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Guys, I didn't want to say anything until I knew absolutely, positively, definitely, for sure that the potential ride was really going to work out. I'd asked a favor of one of the directors @ work cause I knew his wife has family in MN; they aren't going to MN for Turkey Day but will be close enough that rocky's mom's friend, Barb, offered to drive her ther to pick up Sweet Pea. You know that feeling of everything's in place and then it all can go down the tubes ...

Miss Sweet Pea will be on her way early Wednesday morning with mom, dad, 2 little girls and a small family dog. Sweet Pea will be in a ziplocked cage, protected and covered to keep her warm. She's having a vet check & minor grooming on Monday with Dr. Sakas and her record will go with her to MN. The family's little girls are thrilled to "have a bird" for a day and have already said they're going to give her a name too. I've told the dad, Brian, that if his family would ever like a pet bird they should let me know.

I'm heaving a sigh of relief :bag:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
@SandraK, you and me both. are you sure Sweet Pea is girl? i will be bringing a blanket of some sort with us too. i saw the weather report tonight they are talking 30% chance of snow. so let hope the weather dudes are wrong :bag: . Barb's son Colt is going with us cuz Barb calls him the human GPS. if he has been there b/4 he will know exactly where it is. i have met him once and he is nice kid.
maybe i will finally start sleeping like normal person once she is here. :sleep2: peaceful sleep instead of :bedbug: this stuff.
Sweet Pea's mom
4ever :tiel2: 's mom

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
@rocky'smom I don't know for sure that Sweet Pea is a girl - in fact we won't know until after "she" has had her first molt. I'm going on how "she" acts though as a baby it's tough to call. She just seems girly and most of the lutinos I have are girls. Who knows?

(Dramatic musice - dum-dum-duuuuum) Coming soon to your Bird Channel - "As the Wheat Grass Grows" - is SP a girl? Or will SP turn out be a boy? Or is there a family secret that SP's mom, Mistral, hasn't told us? Is Mistral SP's real mother or did she foster SP for Indie? And exactly who is SP's father? Is it Charlie, Bosley or Jason?????? (more dramatic music)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
:dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: I just had to add to the banana parade. :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: Congrats on Sweet Pea coming home soon.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Wow, Yeah for Sweet Pea
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Congrats, safe travels & good weather.
Same for Precious my Crimson Bellied flying in Monday or Tuesday

:heart: :hug8: :heart:
:dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:
Congrats-wishing safe travels for Precious...

And now, more dancers....

:dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that things have worked out. Sweet Pea is a very lucky 'tiel. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Thank you, everyone. @cassiesdad I hope you're being careful with all the snow that's been heading your way. :jawdrop1: :jawdrop1: :jawdrop1: I know you're not in Buffalo, Erie's pretty close on the map. :wideyed:
Actually, we've dodged most all of the snow. It's just the way the wind blew over the lake. Not 40 miles away- From Dunkirk,NY- 4, 5, or 6 feet of snow.
I'm so very thankful that we didn't get the brunt of the snow- and continue to send good thoughts to those who did...

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm so happy for you! :hug8: I can't wait until SweetPea is home with you!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
@rocky'smom I don't know for sure that Sweet Pea is a girl - in fact we won't know until after "she" has had her first molt. I'm going on how "she" acts though as a baby it's tough to call. She just seems girly and most of the lutinos I have are girls. Who knows?

(Dramatic musice - dum-dum-duuuuum) Coming soon to your Bird Channel - "As the Wheat Grass Grows" - is SP a girl? Or will SP turn out be a boy? Or is there a family secret that SP's mom, Mistral, hasn't told us? Is Mistral SP's real mother or did she foster SP for Indie? And exactly who is SP's father? Is it Charlie, Bosley or Jason?????? (more dramatic music)
another day closer :dance4: it's funny becuz i always thought that Tuffy was a boy until a friend of my nephew came over with him. she loves tiels and took to Tuffy like a duck to water. she was scritching Tuffy's neck, bingo pingo, Tuffy laid a egg in her hand. we all about fainted. i had the 2 tiels in separate cages at that time. i let her keep the egg. i candled it about 10 days later. infertile. and the only egg she ever laid. so Tuff Guy became Tuffetta.
we will see with Sweet pea? Rocky was a very definite male. he lived with female and we never huge case of Hormones. Amazing.
4ever :tiel2: 's mom Sweet Pea's soon to be mom

PS: made 5 more foraging toys.

Last edited:

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
So true...how many times we rearrange cages and "redecorate" :) There are times I spend more time on my birds' cages than I do my own home. :rolleyes:
What! Am I supposed to spend more time on housework than birds? My "housework" is the birds and their daily care. Thank goodness for a domestcated husband even if I do need to remind him he has to vaccum the rest of the hiuse "because I have already done the birdy area"
Laurie, you are going to be exhausted before SP gets there, all that pacing, toy making, cage arranging. LOL. I am so happy and excited for you

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
ok, i did a little re-arranging today of the flight cage, i know, but i'm trying to think like a baby cockatiel. i want Sweet Pea to be able to find his/hers food dishes easily. and once the dishes that are coming get here (for the dishes that were badly cracked in shipping) i think i know what i want to go in each of the 4 dishes. there is 4 food doors on the front of the cage. so in my head i'm trying to get it to a plan; Upper left: seed/pellets, lower left: sprouts/soaked wheat/ barley popcorn sprouts , lower right: mash/ chopped fruit/ veggies and upper right: water. and in two dishes that i already have, twin beaks herbal salad, and forage toy.
ok, my OCD is showing big time. :shocking: but it's best to have plan in place, JMO. maybe i need to :chillout: . maybe living with Rocky for 20 years and 7 years of him being blind in one eye taught me to plan very carefully.
maybe it's becuz i'm so excited and not sleeping my OCD is sticking out like sore thumb.
4ever :tiel2: 's mom & Sweet Pea's soon to be mom

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
Laurie, maybe its part OCD but I think its more excitement. Dont we all do this when getting a new baby? You have been through so much with Rocky, you deserve this time to do what you want. You do know that you will probably change the cage around a few times just after SP arrives cos no matter how much we think we got it right, the birdy wants it amother way. LOL. I am so pacing with you