• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pauly closer to home! Bird thief and and angry former fosterers....

Seraffa

Moving in
So much has happened over 3 months! A bad roommate for me.....2 more fosterers for Pauly and now the final fosterer stepping up before I relocate in the New Year.

Hooray for you, Pauly! This happened so suddenly that I had no time to get him a flight suit or birdie hoodie for our next outings.

I have filed a police report and mailed it to the lady who stole my 2 conures this summer. She received it but never wrote back, called or paid damages. Now the police have to step in.

One thing about angry former fosterers: this family had an autistic kid and swore up and down that it was ok for me to let pauly be fostered.....but they never kept in touch with me about more food, and etc....I was the one always keeping in touch...... and when my new fosterer could not buy a new bird from them (aside from volunteering to foster pauly) this next morning I got angry texts and an agressive call blaming Pauly and I for everything and that I had "talked smack to them and get your bird today -- we footed the bill, we didn't keep receipts, we don't want anything from you, and you're full of crap."

The new fosterer is a Mexican man and his elderly mother, so we're all going to be piled into his truck to go over to get Pauly. I'm glad a man is coming with me at this time.

I keep noticing that if there's a family involved for fostering and the woman likes the bird the man will never say anything until he can explode all over the place and make the woman give up the pet/bird for causing him any kind of inconvenience. In this case they lived so far away from me that I couldn't get a ride over there and could only see them if they came into town. There are always money orders that can be mailed or PayPal to send money if funds were needed, and I asked them to keep in touch re: needs, so why is it that people who really DON'T know how to deal with a rescue bird think that they can spew garbage and anger after the fact?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Where are you located?

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Maybe I missed an earlier post...but I'm lost.

Pauly I'm guessing is a bird that is being fostered? He's now had 2 fosters and is going to another?

Someone stole Pauly and another lady stole your conures?

Are you a rescue? I'm guessing the man and his mother are new fosters?

What is your rescue's name? What state are you in?

I'm going searching for other threads, maybe I'll find something to update me on what's happening. ;)

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I had considered fostering as the ad was posted locally but adoption happened quickly. The second time around was location and you had to be close to Westchase. My location is not as close as it seemed the owner wanted. Paulie is a beautiful species. I have fostered and rehabbed before. Just finished watching a dog with cancer while her owner moved and reestablished herself but did take her dog back at the end so they could be together.

One never knows and we only want the best for our animals.

QBird

Jogging around the block
Sounds like such a horrendous time for you and the birds, I hope things work out for Pauly :hug8: