• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

toby

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
So sorry for your loss. They always take a piece of our hearts when they go.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm sorry sweetheart, run free little guy. :hug8:

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Basically last 2 days toby wasnt his normal 90 to nothing self. Wasnt horking food down without tasting it like normal. His energy wasnt his normal toby energy. He was otherwise fine so i thought maybe his pheno and liver werent getting along or gastritis but i noticed his gums were paler than normal which i knew.immed was a concern. Didnt have the money for emerg vet sun night but made appt for first appt today with my vet.s. the short version is tobys heart was enlarged and murmors on both sides. Doc said he wasnt sure exactly what caused it but that it was pretty bad. What shocked him most is just how anemic toby was because was still walking around , acting fairly normal...not tobys normal but....not deaths door acting either. The plan was to bring him home for a one last good day, fix him some steak for supper , favorite treats ect . But
when doc saw that his anemic level was an 8, normal is 30+ he said any excitement could cause a crash/ attack pain ect. I knew toby would be so excited to get back home and would go grab his ball ext and i didnt want him to crash n have pain. The hardest but kindest thing was to let him just go. he said nothing i did or didn't do...no way to know for sure what's really going on without extensive tests and end result would be pretty much same. His level that low his body likely couldnt.recover from.that, add in his epilepsy...too much for a 8 year old dog to recover from.
I know we did what was right....but still feel awful.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
He sounds like he had a fairly long, loving life. It's the best we can hope for; that they are happy and loved while they are here, remembered once they are gone.
I'm very sorry. :sadhug2:

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
I am heartbroken for you!!! It opens my broken heart of my sweet dog, Lucky who passed on 15 Apr 14. It's never easy to make that decision which is what we had to do for our Lucky as she was DX with cancer in Oct 11. We knew she was in too much pain so made an appt for the next day to set her free and she ended up leaving us while at home early in the AM before everyone got up.....my only relief was knowing that I last checked on her @ 4am and sat with her for awhile talking to her while she played her head in my lap.....she even managed to wag her tail at me! She was gone by 630am when next time I checked on her. I was happy that she went peacefully in our home where she knew she was loved in her normal surroundings!!!

I am so thankful that you were with Toby till the end and that her wasn't alone!! My thoughts are with you & maybe Lucky & Toby are together enjoying the good life together!!!

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
:( I'm sorry about your little Toby, May he rest in peace. :hug8:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8: You did the right thing, Carmen. I know that does not really help to hear, but you did the responsible and kindest thing.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I am so sorry for your loss. Toby was a handsome dog. From that picture, you could see how happy he was. :sadhug2:

Birdlove

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
:hug8: I'm sorry to hear about Toby.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Thank you everyone, sorry im not saying much. Just...no words really . This morning came with a fresh wave of heartbreak. I know soon enough i will be able to breathe again, but right now hurts. No other way to sum it up than this sucks.
He was my happy go lucky sweet boy. Just NOT home without him.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:sorrow: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Dog loss is the worst thing ever. I have been there twice with dogs, twice with cats and face it 5 more times with my current dogs and cats. SUCKS!! I would rather have my finger nails pulled out and feel a pain worse than what our hearts feel. Sorry for your loss! :hug8:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so sorry. Run Free,Toby...

Heather F

So sorry for your loss. He was a very handsome little guy.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm so sorry for your loss! Run free Toby! :hug8:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Almost a year since we had to say goodbye my toby boy. I still catch a glimpse of you when I dream. I still grab 4 treats. I still wait for you to come in from the yard when I open the door. I.visited this thread to read all these lovely comments because the last few days when i look on the calander i see 2 dates. Sep 11 was your 8th bday. And then i see this day...and the tears start. I miss you sweet boy. Im sorry I didnt let you shred rubys girrafe toy that morning. Had I known..id have let you. So many other things i could add to that list. I love you...and my heart will never let you go. Keep playing hard and running free big lug...one day ill be there and we can play the get my ball from me game. Kisses and lots of hugs till then. For its not a goodbye...its a goodbye until.