• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures A New Beginning For My 90 Gallon

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you. The girl who helped me through all of the disease and deaths did have an answer for what she thought it could be. His symptoms at the end indicated he had a long term disease that is not treatable~ fish TB...or tuberculosis. These fish come into the country carrying a lot of problems. Some lie dormant until the right moment. All of the changes and stress probably did him in sadly...they only usually last a few years.

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
I know you used to have saltwater... did you ever run into a problem like this with that? Maybe I feel saltwater fish/corals are more hardy, but I am very picky about what livestock we buy and have been lucky there wasn't/hasn't been any internal problems (we quarantine also). Every freshwater tank I have ever had ended up with something going wrong. Our saltwater tank is easy. :meh:

Wanted to add... obviously there is some part of freshwater that is more complicated to me than saltwater. That is what my reasoning is behind my freshwater tanks not doing so good.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Ehh...had problems with both, but having mojanoes, and coral eating nudis, flatworms, and redbugs really tore up our sw tank.
My big tank now sits empty. I gave away my last four goldfish to a great guy with beautiful ponds for them to swim their hearts content. And with what is going on right now in my life, none too soon... :( I will miss them greatly :(

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry Carole.

Matt

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
TY guys and girls

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'm sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you found a wonderful place for your fish.
:hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:( :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Yeah..it's big and empty. So sad to look at. :( On a lighter note..I am paying much closer attention to the betta boys. The smaller one's substrate had gone anaerobic, so I removed it completely. The bigger tank's substrate is good and healthy. My shrimpy is still alive{long time for a small shrimp} and both bettas are doing fantastic.
I will miss the big tank, but I am going to break that down completely and move Elliot or Gryphon there.
**I will write up the story about Gryphon and his broken toe. :unsure1: