• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Alexandrine parrot!!!

Latency

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ashley
I completely agree. :) However she is young, and very jumpy, so until she understands how to be "gentle" I personally won't have her on my shoulder. It took a half a second for her to bite Brad's cheek, and it was simply because he turned his head too fast to look at her. I don't think she's mean because of it, I just would rather wait until she calms down a little bit. We both have 4 ear piercings, (I have 3 on one ear, 1 on the other, he has two on each.) and he has two lip piercings and I have one lip piercing. So our faces have lots to chew on LOL. But she will learn quickly that they are no-no for chewing, just like our other fids did. :)

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Sounds like a plan and I agree with you about no shoulder at this time. Loved hearing your story. Everything in stages and with time.

SamatranTiger

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Pictures from when we went to see Gale last Sunday.. I think she's gonna be a no-shoulder bird(for me, anyways.) Brad will let her on his shoulder for a short period of time, and she'll play with his hair, but last Sunday she bit his cheek :eek: and of course I'm constantly worried she's gonna bite his ear/earring/eye/etc.. I'm way too paranoid. I only recently started letting Pascal on my shoulder for more than a minute or so at a time, and he's NEVER bitten our faces/ears/etc! (He rides on Brad's shoulder pretty much every day.)
She's got a little bit of a shadow ring going on and I think it's adorable. :x3: I hope she keeps it into maturity. :hug8:

First thing we're gonna work on when she comes home is BATH TIME! :wtf: :hehe:
But she's still very adventurous, I don't think she'll have any issues at all playing with her toys and figuring out her foragers. :dancing:
Alexes (at least mine) looooove bath time!!
upload_2014-7-24_0-26-58.jpeg

And I too am reluctant to let Joey on my shoulder because he does like shiny objects and I've go A LOT of them in my ears (including microdermals)!
upload_2014-7-24_0-31-42.jpeg upload_2014-7-24_0-33-52.jpeg

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
Good, Joey! Bath time is great! And yes I feel your pain, I don't have microdermals or industrials but I'd rather not have anything ripped out of my face if I can stop it! :wtf: :lol:

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
Went to see her today since Brad had to work late last night and we missed out regular Sunday visit. She's getting so much bigger, less nippy and more beaky. She's rather flighty but I think she just likes to use her wings. Should be too long now before she comes home!! :roflmao:

She approves of the desk/table stand that Brad made :xflove:

Pretty ring :heart:

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
@Jenphilly this is where all my Gale pictures go(until she comes home!) so that I don't spam up the forums with a bajilion posts ;) :roflmao:

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
@Jenphilly this is where all my Gale pictures go(until she comes home!) so that I don't spam up the forums with a bajilion posts ;) :roflmao:
Thanks for letting me know. .. look at all those feathers. .. she has filled out beautifully! !!

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
Thanks for letting me know. .. look at all those feathers. .. she has filled out beautifully! !!
Thank you! :xflove: She just keeps getting bigger and bigger. She's so full of energy, I'm excited to get her home!

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
Went to see her again yesterday! She didn't cry for food this week or last week, but they say they're still feeding her whenever she'll take it, because she's skinny... isn't it normal to drop weight when they wean? It sounds like she's trying to wean herself since she eats solid food while we're there and refuses hand feedings..

Anyway, here she is!

My brave boyfriend, you can see how bad she wants to bite his tongue!! (We didn't let her) :eek:

Probably my favorite picture taken this week, they look like best friends! :hehe:

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
Visited again.. She was very energetic! Kept flying to the highest point in the room. She chewed a piece of wood we brought for her and she loved it. :) She has a hard time with pine right now, but she's determined!!

She would also chew it, get frustrated, and throw it!! :lol: :lol: and she was so pleased with herself when Brad would pick it up for her.

She also made a nest in brad's hair.. :rofl:

SamatranTiger

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Aww what gave it away?! ;)
We should be going to pick her up around 5... Gives me time to fiddle with her cage again, as if it isn't perfect yet. :D
:lol:Oh, nothing in particular gave it away! :wacky:

Can't wait to see lots of pictures!! I'd love to see her cage setup too! :)

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Yay :dance4: :dance4: Are you home yet?

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
We are on our way home with little one! She gave us the mix and pellets she was eating, allong with some of the formula so we can spoon feed her if she regresses. (I promise I've done hours and hours of research on formula, and I DONT plan on using a syringe if she begs! She does fine with a spoon from what they told me and I know the consistency/temperature and how to feel her crop). :) I will also be monitoring her weight and they said they will take her back and help us if she loses too much weight for any reason. But everybody is confident in her, she's been eating her food like a big girl and I am home all day while Brad is at work so I can keep a close eye on any changes! :) I'll post pictures of her in her new cage in a new thread once we get situated :D