• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zupreem Stinks

CrazyCakes

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Does anyone else think Zupreem stinks? It never smells fruity like it should half the time, dunked in water it smells HORRIBLE, and maybe I'm crazy but my birds cage smells better when I replaced it with a Harrison/Roudybush mix. Not just that, Pickles my Caique had a more normal type firm poopy ball instead of the usual nasty watery squishy disgusting poop (Note: she drops her food in her water bowl and drinks alot of water so she normally has above average watery poop) I just feel Zupreem isnt that great. I changed out the food this morning as a test and noticed the difference now. All the birds like Harrison and Roudybush so swapping one of those to their main food wont be an issue. I think I want to stop using Zupreem all togther, has anyone else noticed this?

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
I used Zupreem pellets very briefly, and yeah I think it reeks too. I stopped using it when I saw how much sugar was in it

I still use their seed mix, but any time my budgie knocks it into the water it makes the water smell terrible. Not sure what's in it that's making it do that, but I've been meaning to find different birdseed because of it

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
None of the pellets smell good when soaked :lol:

I've been using Zupreem for years and don't notice a smell apart from the stinky water bowl that goes in the dishwasher every day!

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
My budgie has been eating Zupreem Fruity for years (I try to switch him to other pellets every so often but at this point my little man is old and allowed his vices as long as they are as harmless as “not the pellet I most prefer”) and while most of the fruity bags smell… fruity… occasionally I get one that does NOT smell like breakfast cereal, and I exchange it for a different one. Maybe it was stored improperly at some point during shipping or something, I’ve never looked too deeply into it.
If your birds like something else better, that’s a good enough reason on its own to switch!

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
I use Roudybush and I am happy with it so far. I was going to use Zupreem but then decided against it. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How fast are you going through the bags?

I like to open a bag, pour some into a glass jar then freeze the rest to keep it fresh. I use Hagen but if I just open and use a bag, the nice smell goes away quickly and can start smelling stale before the bag is used up.

Phoe Phoe

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
The Zupreem birdy soup is disguisting, agreed. Are you talking about the natural or the fruity? Unfortunately my new rescue came eating Zupreem so I had to buy a bag of the fruity ones. They smell like artificial flavoring. Definitely pungent. Artificially fruity. Not musty, and I would not describe it as stinky.

I am transitioning him to Roudybush/TOPs slowly. He has had a rough life so far. I personally do not care for the ingredients in Zupreem.

Tarynlyn7

Checking out the neighborhood
Koko has been eating Zupreem fruit blend for years. She won't eat the natural ones. There is sugar in all of the pellets from my research. But it's the colors she likes. It does have all natural flavoring. Only time I saw bugs was if it was bought at the pet store. Online it comes in fresher. I put a small amount for a few days in a glass sealed jar and freeze the rest. Same as all my bird foods. She has a lixit jar so I don't have to deal with nasty water bowls.

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
knocks it into the water it makes the water smell terrible.
Ahhhhh that’s why my bird water looks and smells like she took all her poops in it :banghead:

editors to add that we use zupreem naturals