• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zevo bug spray

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
In the wee hours of this morning, I had a 2-inch long cockroach interloper in my kitchen. You hear these buggers sometimes before you see them. Always shortens my life by a couple of years! Lol!

Anyway, I sprayed him with my trusty can of Raid, and of course I’m now thoroughly cleaning the area to remove the spray residue before I let the birds anywhere near here.

I’m hoping to find a less toxic “instant action” spray to use when not near the birds. So I’m wondering if anyone has used the relatively new Zevo instant action spray which uses essential oils and other ingredients that the company states acts on the nervous systems specific to insects (spiders, roaches, ants)? They claim it is safe to use around dogs and cats and children when used as directed.

I know that birds are different, and wouldn’t use it around the boys at all. Just hoping for something less toxic and that someone has some experience to share!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I squash bugs inside instead of spraying them- nothing more instant and less toxic than being squashed!
We always have little bait stations around the place (ant, roach and pantry moth lol) where the pets can't get to and I regularly use diatomaceous earth around the edges of the rooms and windows, and to be honest, we really only get bugs inside if they fly in or we accidently bring them in on something from outside like a box that has been sitting in the garage or something.

I am of not help regarding the sprays as I wont allow aerosols or EO's to be used in the house.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Zevo is definitely out after reading reviews that say it stinks and is very oily. So that’s a ‘no’.

Yeah, about that squishing….not my best thing. Ever have a phobia? I do, those roaches. Literally shaking, heart pounding, cold sweat sort of gut reaction. I can’t help it. I prefer to stay as far away from them as physically possible. I can use a broom. But stepping on those giant bugs and getting bug goo all over my shoe and floor is vastly unappealing to me.

Oh well…

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Yes I do understand. There are two insects in particular that cause me the same reaction. I can’t even write or say their name lol.
My son and mum come to my rescue as fast as possible if I message them to come and help me cos there’s a yuck thing trying to kill me:laugh: Stupid thing is when they’re not home I seem to be able to muster up the strength to kill them even though I’m literally gagging. It’s irrational as I know they can’t hurt but they gross me out worse than anything else in the world I can think of.