• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zero VOC Paint

zvezdast

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
We are having ceilings in half of the house painted with this, including the main living and sleeping area where the bird is.
IMG_1262.JPG
There is a slight tint to the white, but even the tint is supposed to be zero-voc. The painter said these people are The people for 0-voc paint, and that there might be some smell but it is not with "harmful chemicals". I am very sensitive to smells and I could smell it a bit while it was being applied, and we set outside with the birdie.
Few hours later, it's dry and we can't smell it. Is it safe to have the bird spend the night in the house or should I take her somewhere? If I have to take her, when is it safe to come back?

Thank you guys!

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I have painted with this. There will be no odor. I would take the birds out while painting or rooms with towels at the bottom of the closed door and close any AC vents.

Once dry, it will be fine.

Last edited:

zvezdast

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Thank you, Claire!
That's exactly what we did, spent most of the day outside ( even though it was a record breaking 98 for mid May!), then the evening inside with windows open. There is no odor and she spent the night as normal.
We'll have a repeat in two days but I'll have her sleep in another room because her usual sleeping room will be painted.

She was super excited to get out of the cage and meet the painters when they were done and voice her opinion that she was not happy with all the commotion they were causing. :)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Glad that worked out. It is the only alternative to use with pets. Even with my dogs and cats, I won't subject them to paint fumes.

:)