• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zebra Finch in need of new home + where I’ve been + sad story

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
Hello everyone. I have not been active for a while for a combination of mental health stuff and bird stuff. As some of you might remember, I had two female zebra finches, Arlo and Will. Quite a while ago, Will started acting very strange, drooping over, pecking at her foot, many other symptoms. We did lots of research online, some on the forum, and were sure it was mites. We really didn’t want to go to the vet as she was not a handtamed bird whatsoever, and the closest Avian vet was two hours away and we knew nothing about. We found mite medicine online and treated her, which had zero affect and didn’t help or harm her. A couple weeks later, her foot started swelling and turning purple, and her balance was worse than ever, so we had no choice but to go to the vet. They concluded that it was an infected cut on her foot, and have us antibiotics. They worked a bit at first, but soon she was getting worse again. She couldnt clean herself, her foot was blackk and she couldn’t put any weight on it. We took her back to the vet. This time they said they were wrong and it really was and infected broken foot. They gave us three new antibiotics. They did nothing, she was in so much pain and her foot was so disturbing to look at. A week later, we took her even farther to an emergency vet. They said there was nothing they could do and put her down. I was so embaressed and ashamed that I could fix her the whole time, and felt like it was my fault. I thought you guys would get mad at me so I didn’t post.

Now, Arlo is alone, sad and confused. I cant keep her and get her a new friend because of some unpredictable housing, family, and mental health stuff. She needs a new home and friend really soon as finches are known to die from sadness. She needs a home who already has or will get her a friend/friends, and is well researched on correct finch care. If you or someone you know is interested and lives in or near the western Massachusetts area, please contact me. Or if you want more info, contact me too, Please spread the word!! Thank you so much.

Attachments

Jin & Pic

Moving in
I'm so sorry about Will. Since you are looking to rehome Arlo, your post might get more responses under the Rehome Highway subforum; maybe start a thread there? Good wishes for your situation - it sounds like you've got a lot going on.

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
I'm so sorry about Will. Since you are looking to rehome Arlo, your post might get more responses under the Rehome Highway subforum; maybe start a thread there? Good wishes for your situation - it sounds like you've got a lot going on.
I wanted to post it there, but that forum doesn’t show up on my screen. Is it cause I’m a minor?

Jin & Pic

Moving in
I wanted to post it there, but that forum doesn’t show up on my screen. Is it cause I’m a minor?
Could be; I honestly don't know. This forum has great mods, though, and I'm sure someone will see this and help. I can tag a few, and suggest looking at the forum guidelines?? @Mizzely @Shezbug

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes, unfortunately due to some past incidents, rehome highway is unavailable to minors.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ok. Is there any way someone could repost it?
As you cant access replies there it is probably better to keep this listing where you can reply.