• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ywllo and wet feathers under beak

powerflame

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Andy
Hello! My budgie has crop infection and a vet gave us 4 medications: anti-inflammatory, anti-bacteria, anti-fungus and a pain reliever.

I have been giving it to her 2 times a day (around 12 hours apart) by grabbing her with a towel and feeding her with syringes. Sometimes it's hard and uncomfortable and she gets scared, but there's no other way.

Yesterday night, after I fed the medications, the feathers under her beak were all yellow and wet, revealing a little bit of her crop.

I'm worried since last time when my older budgie got sick, that also happened. The medication was white though, not yellow. He later died which was really sad.

I used to watch a YouTuber called "Denny The Budgie" but then her budgie (Denny) died. While being sick, he also had yellow wet feathers under his beak.

So is it normal? Should I be worried?

Here's some pictures of her:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Is the antifungal yellow? Keep doing such a good job at getting meds in. It looks like the meds got out and ran down under the beak. If you are worried, follow-up with your vet. If she is not showing signs of improvement or lack of eating, definitely take her back in.

powerflame

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Andy
Yes, the anti-fungus is yellow, but it's the only yellow one though. But what about before when my other budgie also had this but the medication was white?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes, the anti-fungus is yellow, but it's the only yellow one though. But what about before when my other budgie also had this but the medication was white?
Could some food or dust have stuck to the spilled medicine? Maybe offering bathing opportunities would help.

Reactions: Ali