• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yuna=She Is Love- pics and a video

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you all so very much.:hug8: I know many of you have made the journey with us, from near death, to vibrant and happy. Yuna has taken a huge place in my heart. To know her is to love her.:heart::heart::heart:
Here is the first photo I ever took of her.

Compare to now~
That is a beautiful red-fan :) Her expression in the last pic is awesome xD

How do you find her attitude overall? Me and my g/f discussed down the road looking into a Red-Fan parrot after we've gotten moved into a more spacious location as we both find them adorable.
Seth, as all parrots even of the same species are different, Yuna is the sweetest end of the spectrum of a hawkheaded parrot. I know you probably do not know her story, but she was one very sick bird when she came into my life. Since recovering, she is now so full of life, and an absolute joy. She is testy around my other birds, but tolerates Elfe fairly well, but Elfe is very passive. She adores Troy, and lights up in his presence. She also seems to love every person she meets, unusual for a hawkie. Cochise is the other end of the spectrum, wary and shy of everyone but me. Though he is older, a male, and I also do not know his past as they were both rehomes. He does hang out all day with my redfronted macaw Holly. They get fairly close, but do not cuddle.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I should add a very special thank you, to Danielle{mythreeiggys} who posted Yuna's CL ad.:hug8::heart::hug8:

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Unbelievable transformation, Carole. I read every step of the way. She wouldn't have made it without your intervention and loving care :goodjob: And now you reap the rewards:D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
There are birds on the Avenue that touch everyone here. Surely Yuna is one...:heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks for the kind words!:hug8:It's a rainy day, and DH stayed home..so an extra day of attention!:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.