• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Your Favorite Avian Probiotic?

PinkCanary

Moving in
Hello, I've been researching probiotics to give to my bird and am not sure which is of good quality or not. Can you share with me some of the ones you use, and why you prefer it? Do you use it often, or only when they are on antibiotics? My parrotlet is currently on a Baytril antibiotic.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I feed Hagen Gourmet which contains a probiotics. I don't know if it's available on it's own, never looked into it.

PinkCanary

Moving in
I feed Hagen Gourmet which contains a probiotics. I don't know if it's available on it's own, never looked into it.
Thank you for responding! I will look this up. My birds are actually on a pellet diet though, but I let them enjoy millet seeds from time to time.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I haven't had to give any for some time now, but I've have heard good things about the following:

HealthyGut Avian Probiotics | 120 Servings | Dairy Free https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01KSMOWM6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_K.y0Eb9JW0V4B

PinkCanary

Moving in
I haven't had to give any for some time now, but I've have heard good things about the following:

HealthyGut Avian Probiotics | 120 Servings | Dairy Free Amazon.com : HealthyGut Avian Probiotics | 120 Servings | Dairy Free : Pet Supplies

I was actually looking into the HealthyGut one, the price is definitely a lot more than the other probiotic's I've seen. I'm debating between that and the Avi-Culture-2-Plus which needs to be refrigerated.

And I actually ordered another product from the morningbird recently, their Thrive for sick birds nutrients formula. Glad to hear they are a good brand.

CatieM

Checking out the neighborhood
I've been using the HealthyGut Avian Probiotic but after what happened this morning I'm afraid to anymore. I've been sprinkling it on my tiel Shiloh's admix of seed and pellets, etc., not in water because I don't want her to be put off because of any odd taste. I gave her a little pinch on top of her food this morning and some of the powder stayed on my fingers. I got a little water on them from a little water spill on the counter and when I touched my fingers together it was like I'd dipped them in glue. They were completely stuck together for a second or two. Can you imagine if that had been Shiloh's beak? Are all powdered probiotics like that? Thanks!