• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Your conure's favorite pellet food

RWB

Moving in
Real Name
Rachel Berndlmaier
What is your Conures favorite Pellet food? I haven't found one that mine likes. She is a Black Capped Conure.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My conure liked basically all pellets. Her favorites were Zupreem Natural and Harrison's.

For what it's worth, it took 6 months for my quaker to eat a pellet. It can take time.

There are so many pellets on the market, especially if you are in the US or Canada.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mine loves zupreem fruit blend, lafebers regular, and eats Harrison’s

RWB

Moving in
Real Name
Rachel Berndlmaier
My conure liked basically all pellets. Her favorites were Zupreem Natural and Harrison's.

For what it's worth, it took 6 months for my quaker to eat a pellet. It can take time.

There are so many pellets on the market, especially if you are in the US or Canada.

LOL about your Quaker. I have ZuPreem FruitBlend Flavored one and it seems like she doesn't eat much of it. Also tried Pellets for Parrots and had the same result. Seems like I throw so much in the trash. Very wasteful

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
LOL about your Quaker. I have ZuPreem FruitBlend Flavored one and it seems like she doesn't eat much of it. Also tried Pellets for Parrots and had the same result. Seems like I throw so much in the trash. Very wasteful
"Pellets for Parrots" is just a link to a lot of pellets with their ingredients and info so you can quickly compare common ones found in the US :) It's not a pellet type.

Reactions: tka

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
My sun likes Harrisons
The baby gcc likes Zupreem fruity

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Echo eats Zupreem Natural. It took him awhile to eat pellets tho, be patient.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I haven't found one that mine likes.
What's your conure eating when she's refusing to eat pellets?
Is she getting full on something else?

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
I have a GCC and she likes Zupreem.

We made a major oof when we first weaned her onto it and got her large pellets instead of medium (they both said conure without specifying size) , so she will now eat both medium and large lol.

her favorites are the pure fun large pellets, as they contain tons of fruity stuff including pellets made with real fruit like pineapple, papaya etc. I wonder if a Black Cap would like the same. I think so as I'm pretty sure they are similar in size

Reactions: RWB

RWB

Moving in
Real Name
Rachel Berndlmaier
I decided to give Zupreem nut flavored pellets a try. I will let you all know if it was a bust or not

Bsellers

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Bob
Our GCC loves the Roudy Bush mini pellets. Vet says his weight is spot on every time he visits for a checkup.

NightOwls

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
My blue crowned likes roudybush maintenance small. For variety, Ive also started putting out Zupreem Pure Fun Large bird and, I think, he's started to eat the pellets (or the dogs have developed a taste for them and are cleaning them off the floor.)

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
My four enjoy med Zupreem fruity pebbles and mini roudybush, but they have like/dislike phases. They also get Harrison's dry mash 3 days a week.

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
my green cheek loves harrison’s and roudybush

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Currently transitioning Mojo onto pellets she is being given Labafer tropical fruit, Pretty bird small bird and Roudybush crumble.
The Roudybush has been given the best reception followed by Pretty bird the Lafaber is mainly ending up on the floor.

RWB

Moving in
Real Name
Rachel Berndlmaier
My blue crowned likes roudybush maintenance small. For variety, Ive also started putting out Zupreem Pure Fun Large bird and, I think, he's started to eat the pellets (or the dogs have developed a taste for them and are cleaning them off the floor.)
my dog eats the fallen pellets too. Plus, last night she heard me training my bird and wanted in on those treats too. So they both learned "turn around"

RWB

Moving in
Real Name
Rachel Berndlmaier
Thank you Everyone! I don't know why it never occured to me to provide several little feeding cups each containing a different kind of pellet. She tried and likes the Zupreem Nut flavored pellets, but I will also provide your suggestions. That way I can keep the pellets interesting for her

Attachments

RWB

Moving in
Real Name
Rachel Berndlmaier
Currently transitioning Mojo onto pellets she is being given Labafer tropical fruit, Pretty bird small bird and Roudybush crumble.
The Roudybush has been given the best reception followed by Pretty bird the Lafaber is mainly ending up on the floor.
LOL I also think my budgies climb into the food dish and kick things around in there.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would recommend not keeping a budgie and conure together since it could be really dangerous for your budgue