• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Your bird's labs look good?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpolliard

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leroy
So last year I take Chico in for his first Wellness Check and have a fecal and blood panel done. This was not cheap, close to $300. We had a good visit with his Avian Vet who was recommended to me by Chico's previous care giver. I had lots of questions. The next day I get a call from the office letting me know that his lab work 'looked good'. Great! Nothing to worry about.

Recently I visited another office to have Chico microchipped. Their prices were much better, and their facility specialized in birds. A savings of $100 made sense even though it was a half hour away. I requested a copy of Chico's lab work so I could transfer this information. Take a look at what I found!
:eek:

Most of the highs are just slightly over normal. The most concerning being his cholesterol. This does not look good at all! Needless to say Chico no longer is getting any junk food. I am cutting his fat consumption way down. Luckily he loves his vegetables. He is also getting much more exercise than he was last year now that he is flighted. I am hoping to see major improvement on his next labs when I take him back in June.

Attachments

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Good luck. You may find the labs have already improved over last time. Plenty of fun stuff for him to eat anyway rather than JF.

Status
Not open for further replies.