• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Young ringneck

Dar68

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Darren
Hi all i have a young ringneck about 12weeks old i got him 5 days ago now, he is happy and eating well but my concern is i haven't heard him make any sort of noise at all yet, should i be concerned?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He’s probably still adjusting to his new environment. If he’s acting okay and eating, he’s still just settling in. Congratulations on your new friend!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I have a wild caught ARN, and she hardly ever makes any noise. I do love it when she does! But she's pretty quiet! She's been with me for several years. Actually, I've honestly never seen her drink.... Eating, yes, but not drinking! And I know she uses her water dish!

Your ringneck is still rather new and could still be settling in. I agree, give it time as long as your baby is healthy, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. :) If your baby appears sick/lethargic, do take him or her to a vet!

berries

Strolling the yard
Sounds like all is well with him, congrats on the new friend! It took my IRN a week or so to start vocalizing when he first came home, but now he's a chatterbox.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue! Congratulations on bringing home your feathered companion :starshower1: