• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Young Lovebird Behaviour

Xtine

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Christine
Hello! First-time lovebird owner here and this is my lovebird -- Houdini/Fluffy.
He/She was handraised and is about four months old. I've noticed he's started doing this random move and I'm not sure why!
As seen in the video, he'll flap his wings, stretch his neck out, and screech at me. I thought it was just when he started getting annoyed with me because I kept asking him to jump between my fingers, but he does it to random objects too, like a water bottle and a pen, etc.
Note: sometimes before he does it he rubs his beak on something a few times.
Thanks!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol, looks like sass to me. A lovebird must vent their sass from time to time! Your lovie could even be female. They seem to be more prone to beak-rubbing and being sassy and territorial as well.

Xtine

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Christine
Lol, looks like sass to me. A lovebird must vent their sass from time to time! Your lovie could even be female. They seem to be more prone to beak-rubbing and being sassy and territorial as well.
Haha, thanks! I thought He might be a She, too, because of the amount of attitude and biting I get all the time! :hilarious:

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Haha, thanks! I thought He might be a She, too, because of the amount of attitude and biting I get all the time! :hilarious:
I have to say it sounds more likely than not! :D They’re just so cute, though.